new bumper, need advice on suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_karl

Reaction score
I'm decided to replace my oem bumper and get the ARB deluxe bar bumper since I've heard good things about the ARB and found a good deal at 4wheelonline.com. The bumper is quiet heavy and I'm planning to add a winch in the future. Just wondering if I need to upgrade my suspension? By the way, I want to keep it close to stock height. Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks guys.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Heavy bumper and winch, I would recommend a 2 inch HD set of springs... It may start out a wee bit higher than factory, but once the winch has been installed you will be back to just about normal.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year Disco do you have, how many miles on i t and have you already done a major on it yet?I would go a step further and suggest a 779 OME set of front coils and a 762 rear along with a new OME stabilizer. You should plan on replacing all six of your rubber brake hoses.
Have you already rebuilt or replaced your front drive shaft and what sort of trails will you be running?

dj_karl

Reaction score
My rig has 127k miles on it. Trails will have some muds and small rocks. Don't have major modifications yet. I was also told by my buddy to get a set of HD front springs and steering stabilizer to maintain road stability. I'm also considering a new set of shocks.

MojaveMike45

Reaction score
99 D2, 157k mi, 3rd owner, no head gaskets researched back to 50k mi, no leaks!!!, runslikenew, hears the question, rear drive shaft splines frozen ie shaft will not telescope or compress ... how to break loose? after shaft is out ... hammer, heat, brute pull (tie to tree pull with D9 Cat). Will replace rotoflex at that time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink