LR3/LR4 or the Range Rover off road?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bravado aside, I do think the RR is awesome and simply wish that more people would wheel 'em.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha - I read it but declined to react. From my own experience driving both an LR3 and a FFRR with both the OE all-seasons and AT's on the family coastal cattle ranch is that the FFRR has always seemed more capable and definitely more comfortable.

Two areas in particular:
1) A very rocky stream crossing - less wheel spin and jostling in the FFRR
2) On a 0.6 mile grass/gravel incline that varies between 20 -40 degrees - see signature.

On the latter the LR3's amber parking brake warning would light-up on the dash when I hit the crest. I attribute this to the rear traction control working enough to overheat the rear brakes. I've never seen the light on the FFRR.

I loved my LR3, but do prefer the FFRR offroad. Both are better than my just sold 2008 RRS S\C offroad.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are both your "test vehicles" equipped the same, mechanically? Meaning, do either one of them have the factory locker in the rear?

I suppose stock vs. stock I can see this scenario playing out. Since I don't really wheel my LR3 stock, it's hard for me to remember what that's like. On the flip side, the way it's set up now, it's hard for me to imagine any FFRR even comparing to it.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They both are (were) completely stock with the exception of AT tires; albeit, the LR3 had 265/60-18 Yoko AT-S's, so slightly bigger diameter/width. Neither has (had) the electronic rear locker, which I really wish they had. I think the rear locking diff would have helped the LR3 not to utilize the traction control as much.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it definitely does. My traction control rarely ever activates...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink