L322 TD6 Low Pressure Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uteman

Reaction score
at 117,000 kilometres I am replacing the low pressure fuel pump for the second time.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
At 117 k's this car has ridden on a tow truck 5 times and I am disgusted.
I purchased it new.

USMC3051

Reaction score
think I'm having the same problem could you please describe what the vehicle does

Uteman

Reaction score
I just wrote a lengthy reply that has shot of into cyberspace and is lost. Damn!!
Twice the depression filter in rocker cover has blocked and sent litres of oil out through dipstick tuube and clouds of smoke enveloped the car. Not a service schedule for this item from L/R but BMW do include.
Can replace with cyclonic device from BMW Part No.: 11277 99367 at around 80 bucks.
Two failures of the electric fuel pump on chassis with the last one only lasting 40,000 K.
This time (as the last also) the car would not start and was towed. After replacing the fuel pump which I was told was the problem I was then told that it needed a number 4 injector. After re-assembling I am told that it needs number 2 as well.
I have the car back complete with a dead cylinder, have ordered an injector and workshop manuals as I need to learn more to keep it off tow trucks.

Uteman

Reaction score
think I'm having the same problem could you please describe what the vehicle does

Further to my earlier reply: I removed all injectors and had them ultrasonically cleaned and tested and all were good.
Reassembled car and it ran fine for about 50 k's and than had a dead cylinder again so I fitted another injector and it ran fine for about 30 K's and after that it ran very rough for about 10 K and then ran smooth again.
Next day it would not start so I thought I would drain the tank and put fresh fuel in ( to be sure to be sure) and what a job that is.
Then I found damage in the electric pump that goes in the tank and this really looks as though it was damaged at original assembly.
This had nothing to do with the problem at hand but I did replace it.

Put it all back together with fresh fuel and as i write this it will not start.

I would tear my hair out but that would hurt!

USMC3051

Reaction score
i understand your frustration, i just took my RR to the dealer for fuel inspection, after i replaced the fuel pump my self i had starting issues, turns out the fuel purge check valve in the internal fuel filter was faulty, i will need to replace it and problem should be fixed, i would say that is a possibility for you as well easy fix filter is lye 30-50$ online. When i change the filter i will let you know how it goes.

Uteman

Reaction score
Thanks to USMC3051

i understand your frustration, i just took my RR to the dealer for fuel inspection, after i replaced the fuel pump my self i had starting issues, turns out the fuel purge check valve in the internal fuel filter was faulty, i will need to replace it and problem should be fixed, i would say that is a possibility for you as well easy fix filter is lye 30-50$ online. When i change the filter i will let you know how it goes.

Great to hear from you and I await further news.
it is some consolation that I am not alone.
I had to send my car on a tow truck (5th such a ride for my car) to dealer as after my back operation i needed to be careful about the stretching that is needed once I start under the hood.
Before I did so I replaced the Glow Plug Relay as my Faultmate MSV2 kept coming up with that fault.

Uteman

Reaction score
Great to hear from you and I await further news.
it is some consolation that I am not alone.
I had to send my car on a tow truck (5th such a ride for my car) to dealer as after my back operation i needed to be careful about the stretching that is needed once I start under the hood.
Before I did so I replaced the Glow Plug Relay as my Faultmate MSV2 kept coming up with that fault.

Major problem turned out to be contaminated diesel fuel that blocked injectors as quick as they were fitted.
Car currently being repaired.
Traced the fuel to a local outlet and they refuse to close down the bowser and the oil company say they cannot force them to do so.
What a fiasco!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak