Is it just me.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LRNA website STILL shows V8 LR4, not updated on the "build" tab.....too bad you can't build and order it online..I'd almost pay retail for the V8!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LRNA website STILL shows V8 LR4, not updated on the "build" tab.....too bad you can't build and order it online..I'd almost pay retail for the V8!

As someone who is looking at potentially getting a 2014 it is very frustrating! Although it does help as I have also been looking at the 2013's left on dealers lots. :smile:

I will say if you are looking for a 2014 you are better off going onto the UK's site as it has been fully updated with pictures and build options.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the 13 while you still can.

Have you driven a 14?

While I feel like I should focus the search for a 13 I have also realized that I will probably never find what I want in a 13 and ordering a 14 is what will probably have to happen.

I will get to drive both back to back on Sat. for comparison. I will offer up a review if people desire the thoughts.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you driven a 14?

While I feel like I should focus the search for a 13 I have also realized that I will probably never find what I want in a 13 and ordering a 14 is what will probably have to happen.

I will get to drive both back to back on Sat. for comparison. I will offer up a review if people desire the thoughts.
I look forward to your review - very curious. While I have no interest in the 2014 or the SC V6, I would like to see how others like it.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look forward to your review - very curious. While I have no interest in the 2014 or the SC V6, I would like to see how others like it.

Well if nothing else I will give some thoughts on the SC V6. They just emailed saying the V8 model is awaiting a warranty part. Warranty part on a brand new vehicle.....

They did just put gas in the 14 for my test drive on Sat. I will give feedback overall as I have never driven an LR3/4. This will make or break me joining the club. Everything people have said makes me think I should love it. Even people I know with them have said I should love it. I guess wait and see.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, will be interested in what you think after driving them. I don't currently have an LR but am seriously considering moving from my '14 MDX to an LR4. I don't think I could find a '13 with the options I want. So for me it is a question of going with the '14 LR4 at some point or holding off for another year to see if they change things up with the '15 (less weight or something.) I'm not sure the "less weight" will matter if I want to pull a trailer. Dropping the weight by 500 lbs may not make that much difference if I am pulling a 3K lbs trailer. I don't have a trailer yet but I don't want to make a decision that will preclude being able to get one in the future. And since I live in Colorado that means being able to tow the trailer over mountain passes. So the engine is a real issue for me and not necessarily something I'll be able to tell from a "test drive". I know what LR claim it will be able to do but I don't trust manufacturers in this respect.

Thanks for the tip on the UK site. I'll go check that out.

I will have a number of questions about the '14 which I will post at some point in the future. I want to put most of them in one posting so as not to hit you all with lots of little ones - I think. And I don't want to bug you all with questions that can be answered through basic research. I will mostly be looking for answers from experience - which you all have and I don't.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if nothing else I will give some thoughts on the SC V6. They just emailed saying the V8 model is awaiting a warranty part. Warranty part on a brand new vehicle.....

They did just put gas in the 14 for my test drive on Sat. I will give feedback overall as I have never driven an LR3/4. This will make or break me joining the club. Everything people have said makes me think I should love it. Even people I know with them have said I should love it. I guess wait and see.
From what I heard, the SC V6 is very nice and I think most people are going to like it.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The forced induction will actually help at higher elevations. Sounds like the v6 may be what you need. Good luck

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, will be interested in what you think after driving them. I don't currently have an LR but am seriously considering moving from my '14 MDX to an LR4. I don't think I could find a '13 with the options I want. So for me it is a question of going with the '14 LR4 at some point or holding off for another year to see if they change things up with the '15 (less weight or something.) I'm not sure the "less weight" will matter if I want to pull a trailer. Dropping the weight by 500 lbs may not make that much difference if I am pulling a 3K lbs trailer. I don't have a trailer yet but I don't want to make a decision that will preclude being able to get one in the future. And since I live in Colorado that means being able to tow the trailer over mountain passes. So the engine is a real issue for me and not necessarily something I'll be able to tell from a "test drive". I know what LR claim it will be able to do but I don't trust manufacturers in this respect.

Thanks for the tip on the UK site. I'll go check that out.

I will have a number of questions about the '14 which I will post at some point in the future. I want to put most of them in one posting so as not to hit you all with lots of little ones - I think. And I don't want to bug you all with questions that can be answered through basic research. I will mostly be looking for answers from experience - which you all have and I don't.

Well I am somewhat in the same boat as you.

I had a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 35's and 3.5" lift. Life changed somewhat and thus I got rid of it to go back to a sedan after a couple years of Jeep ownership and having an SUV. Had never owned an SUV till I had the 4 door wranglers. I have had a sedan for the past 6 months and have slowly realized that life isn't all about gas mileage as I live an outdoor lifestyle and a sports sedan just doesn't cut it. This was why I originally bought my first Jeep to begin with. Was hopeful I could go back to a car but it just doesn't cut it.

Now while life has changed a bit a Jeep still isn't practical as we make 400 mile trips to a second home about 2 times a month and while they have come a long way, sitting in traffic in one is pretty miserable.

Thus, the LR4 has come into the picture as it sounds like it is reasonable in traffic, good on the highway/around town and will be able to haul my outdoor gear and get us to the trail head without much difficulty. Only drawback is going back to 17 mpg.

I have a co-worker with an LR3 and he loves it. Friends of ours, all they own are LR/RR's and swear by them. This forum as well as expedition portal has made me feel like this is a great hybrid vehicle in terms of amenities and capability. I know it won't be crawling rocks like my Jeep could but I also know I won't be going on those trails with this vehicle. I do feel as though a couple items added to it and it should get me to at least 90% of the Jeeps real-world capability.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4