iphone 4 compatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkpassenger

Reaction score
does anyone have the answer on how to get the aux cord to recognize, charge and play the new iphone 4 in an 06 RR? all of my other ipods and older iphones work fine, not sure if it's an apple software or LR issue.

xtian666

Reaction score
I just got a 2011 RRS which as both an iPod connector and a USB connector. The ipod connector works with my iPHone 4, but it disables the iPhones iPod UI forcing you to use the vehicles terrible touch screen UI. The USB connector doesn't seem to work at all with the iPhone :-(

lagustin

Reaction score
I too have been looking for an auxiliary cable to my 2006 RR Sport. Range Rover Encino California told me to look for an RJ auxiliary cable used to equip a Nokia phone. In addition to this cable, you will need to buy another attachment to hook up an iPhone4 and perhaps, a proper Auxillary cable to connect the iPhone if the regular cable that comes with the iPhone does not work.

So far, I tried 2 Radio shack stores, 1 Best Buy store, 1 TMobile store, and 1 ATT store this T/Day weekend with no luck. I am yet to check Frys Electronics online, EBay, and Cnet.com. Any help out there would be much appreciated.

Thank you all!!!!

Hatmandew

Reaction score
I want to be able to hook up my i-phone 4 too. But I cannot get a straight answer how to do it.Do I really need to spend 1200.00 to buy an adapter from the dealer? What a rip off!! Any advice would be great!

dasbury

Reaction score
There should be no issue at all with it playing - your are talking about the simple 1/8" jack that is used for headphones, correct? If so, it only has the ability to play music - no other functions will work. My iPhone4 works fine like this, so it is not an iPhone4 issue.

rrsport

Reaction score
I have had the same problem on my RRS 10. I have spoken with the dealer and there appears to be a software compatibility issue. You may want to check on a software update if this available.

Reaction score
It might be that Apple changed the USB charging voltage or pins at some time after your car was built. You might try something like this

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM