instrument lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
instrunent cluster isnt lit when lights are on fuse 14 ok

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still in dark

ok I replaced the switch and I have the same problem no dash litghs and no tail left litghs please heeeeeelp

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replace the switch and I have the same problem

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you still have no dash lights, are you sure the small dial isn't turned off? Can't remember the placement, but it is on the left of the steering wheel.

As far as not tail lights, the other thing I can think of is corrosion on the bulb connections, but since you had both issues at the same time that is normally the switch.

Did you replace the switch with a new one or just try and clean the old one? or buy a used one?

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replace with a new switch

I replaced with a new one and I check the dimmer switch position, the tail litghs are off and the litghs on the rear bumper same side are off I hear a relay cliking when I turn the litghs switch under the glove box ??? I clean the socket for the tail ligths and still nothing

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the switch was bouth from british atlantic new in the box

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you check the wire/plugs going into the switch to make sure that everything was connected and not burnt (I have heard they can burn up)

Also check behind the glove box for any bad wiring... should look obvious in and around the relays... I have heard of issues here as well) normal issue is the switch though.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I check the wire and the relay under the glove box no wire problem any other ideas ? or is the time to take the rover to the dealer tech ?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can't find an issue with the plug going into the switch or any wire issues with the relay or behind the glove box.... and you have checked all your fuses even under the hood, I would have to say dealer or at least a good mechanic (remember it is still just a vehicle) any good mechanic should be able to find a wiring issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge