I know tires have been beaten to death, but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am deciding between the three tries below:

BFG AT T/A KO 265/65/18
GY Wrangler SA 265/65/18
GY Wrangler SA 265/60/18 - load rating 109

Anyone running the 265/65 size experience any rubbing? Maybe the BFGs rub and the GYs don't? I don't have the lift trickery.

I know about Mr Woods' write up, but the GY in 265/60 have a load rating of 109. I tow a camper, so load is important. I think stock tire is 109, but nwoods says we need 110-112...

Help!:confused:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are AWESOME pics! That looks like a fun trip...

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am deciding between the three tries below:

BFG AT T/A KO 265/65/18
GY Wrangler SA 265/65/18
GY Wrangler SA 265/60/18 - load rating 109

Anyone running the 265/65 size experience any rubbing? Maybe the BFGs rub and the GYs don't? I don't have the lift trickery.

I know about Mr Woods' write up, but the GY in 265/60 have a load rating of 109. I tow a camper, so load is important. I think stock tire is 109, but nwoods says we need 110-112...

Help!:confused:

My BFG's do rub some but they have been awesome They do better than I thought they would in the mud.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My BFG's do rub some but they have been awesome They do better than I thought they would in the mud.

where do they rub? and in what circumstances, full steering lock, or full suspension compression?

I have the BFGs on my disco and really like them.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Know a guy who is running 265-65-18 Hankook at10 and he seems to like them he had the GYSA before he has not said anything about any rubbing.
I would go with the Hankook over the GYSA and the BFG if running on the trail. They are beeing proven superior on the trail compaired to the BFG.
Woods has a link to the testing on his tire section

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do they rub? and in what circumstances, full steering lock, or full suspension compression?

I have the BFGs on my disco and really like them.

full steering lock. believe it or not I cant see where they are marking yet doesnt happend to much but you can feel and hear it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you have seen the Hankook's in person, but I went to pick up a set on Monday and after seeing them, decided against it. In my opinion, they have a funny look to them. I know they have some great reviews, but looks count for something. I ended up going with the Cooper LTZs.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also consider the Yoko A/T-S in 265/60-18 or 275/60-18.

MST

Reaction score
Not sure if you have seen the Hankook's in person, but I went to pick up a set on Monday and after seeing them, decided against it. In my opinion, they have a funny look to them. I know they have some great reviews, but looks count for something. I ended up going with the Cooper LTZs.

Yeah, they look kind of kooky.....(been waiting a while to say that):biggrin:
I think I am going w/ the S/A's

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90