Hey all - passenger side mirror >>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewking00

Reaction score
...was kicked off by a crazy person in Boston (car was parked at the time). I purchased a replacement, but could not find a tech article on removing the old one. Anyone have a workshop pdf of the procedure or can point me in the right direction?

2012 LR4 HSE

Thanks!

andrewking00

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, here's the procedure:

http://www.squarewave.com/army/andr...5 - Workshop Manual - LR4 (L319) - 2012MY.pdf

You need to pull the speaker/mirror cover and unscrew/unclip the door panel in order to reach the electrical plug for the mirror. You do not have to remove the entire door panel or unplug the misc connections or door latch. Hope this helps. The non-oem mirror works great. The motor is faster than the oem.

Last edited:

mchenrytl

Reaction score
Thanks, I plan on doing this exact thing one night this week with a replacement mirror I purchased.

-Troy

andrewking00

Reaction score
The only thing I would add is on page 1 - #2 on the diagram: the clip on the bottom that holds the tweeter cover on is tricky. I would use plastic interior tools and go gently.

mchenrytl

Reaction score
Just did mine tonight. I agree, the bottom clip on the tweeter housing is a pain, I actually just left mine in and when I took off the door panel, it came along with it which was fine (just don't pull it too far away from the door since the puddle light and the tweeter are attached.

The biggest pain for me was removing the side mirror motor to put into the new housing.

-Troy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4