Help!! ac stays on when car is off, draining battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prime123

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with this. I have a 2004 Range Rover HSE. My Ac unit wont no matter what. If the car is on and im drving and I turn the fan speed all the way off it sounds like it is still running in defrost mode ( threw the vents) then when i get out of the car and turn it off it is still running. I have to pull the first 50 amp fuse to turn it of so my battery wont die. I think it may be a blower motor resistaor but im not sure. Also my battery light is on after i changed my battery out. Is there a way to reset this lite?Any helo will be greatly appreciated.

trouguex

Reaction score
I have seen this before, check the a/c - heater blower resistor. The part will run you about 110.00. It's located behind the glove box in the blower housing. Kind os a silver box with a bunch of spikes on one side.

Prime123

Reaction score
Battrey lite wont go off

Yea i think thats whats wrong. Thanks alot. Ive already ordered off of ebay. (65.00) Do you know anything about the battery lite on the cluster? I think it might be my alternator not charging all the way but dont want to pay 500 unless its a sure thing. Thanks for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM