headliner thrills,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the trouble that headliners can cause does anyone think I should just pull the headliner down, vacuum up the foam and give it a coat of heavy paint applied with a brush? It is after all just a truck!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats sad for a 2004... but yes remove the headliner brush off all the foam and paint as desired, of course you might want to fix the sunroof drains or tighten the screws holding the glass or whatever the issue is.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey: I found the complete instructions with the pictures, they are excellent. I was thinking of just pulling the cloth only off the backer board and painting the backer board/headliner in place without removing it, with a brush! With all the other stuff that can go wrong this 2004 has turned into a beater so why not "beat it".??
What's really irritating is that I hardly drive it!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
the fact that you hardly drive it may be the issue... Rovers like to be used. If you do this while in place you will have a nasty mess in the vehicle.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I'll do it the recommended way. This vehicle is getting the best of me. :)

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up: I had professional headliner shop fix it and it's good ($376). However, the drain tubes were one problem. The pan had a 'V' shaped notch in the sunroof drain pan, where Land Rover had hung the end of tube and applied glue/goop to hold it in place. This glue dried off and the tube had no sealant around the perimeter. You have heard that old expression "A round peg in a V shaped hole"? The second problem was sitting in the sun day after day until the glue dried out.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you just love the way you can engineer something after a long night in the pub drinking Ale?

I have found many things on rovers that I wonder What Were You Thinking.....

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep Joey, the whole truck is like that! It's like they gentrified a Defender with employees they got from the old Morgan factory now in their 70's and drinking the ale during assembly! They were in a rush to get it out the door... Discovery was a hit and business was good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo