hazards, interior lights, doorlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is an issue with range rovers (not sure the year range) where you come out to your vehicle, turn the ignition on and the 4way hazard lights are on all interior lights are on, and all your doors unlock.

i dont know if it has happened to anyone else on here, but it has happened to me on more than one occasion. i did a google search and found the problem, but the solution was vague, so i printed it out and brough it back to the dealer with the printout to show them im not the only one with the issue.

they have narrowed the problem down, but have yet to come up with a solution to the problem. Land Rover engineers are looking at the propable causes and possible solutions.

apparently what it is doing is going into accident safety mode (in other words the vehicle thinks is was in an accident and automatically unlocks the doors, turns on the 4way flashers and illuminates the interior to give emergency responders some aid.)

im sure once they issue the correct fix for this problem they will or at least they should issue a recall bulletin, and when they do you can thank me :)

in the meantime i am driving an infiniti g37 rental car

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
glad to hear you are helping a dealership find an issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112