Got my LR3 back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mwillems

Got my LR3 back.. and it works again.

LR found a faulty height sensor (left rear) that had been affected by moisture. This is after replacing the entire wiring loom there... you wonder how often this is going to happen, since there are exposed wires and connector clearly visible by the rear wheels (That light thing on the right is the tyre):

http://www.mvw.net/lr3/connector.jpg

And of course "visible to me" also means "visible to snow, salt and rain"... we will see. For now I am enjoying this car greatly again.

Michael

Z

zarnd

good news that it now works again there mate.

i had read some of your other posts on another LR3 forum, are you still getting a new car now its fixed?

cheers

Alex

M

mwillems

Well, now LR have said one more failure and I get a new one.

Z

zarnd

well you are having better luck than me with my Defender there mate.

tow full resprays, and it needs another one and they have said no!

N

NDLR3

mwillems: I'm being told I have a faulty sensor as well, started an hour after it first saw wet weather (at 250 miles odo).

Whats the update on your situation (sorry if you've started another thread on it).

Couldn't some well placed shrink tubing fix the moisture issue?

John

L

LR3_Magic

I took my LR3 HSE7 in this last Tuesday for a suspension failure problem which showed up within 100 miles on the first day of driving the vehicle. Got a call from the service adviser who said that they had finally figured out it was the right rear suspension height sensor that was bad. Sounds like they couldn't get the system to log a specific failure, just a general one. They had to order a new and would have one overnighted. Yesterday I called and they put the new sensor on and were still getting a failure message. They now think that the right front height sensor is bad also and have ordered an overnight delivery for that part. Will see today if that fixes the problem. I've owned the LR3 for nine days now and I've had it for 5 days and the dealership has had it for 4. I believe based on my vehicle that they have ordered several replacement suspension sensors for any other LR3 with this potential problem. The Wednesday evening that I took delivery on my LR3 it was raining, but when the suspension fault first happened, it was sunny. Reading the other posts here, it sounds like the problem with the sensor is either a faulty batch, or a design flaw. Hopefully LR get's it sorted out.

C

Colt45

Interesting that they are using the 'troubleshooting by parts replacement' method of vehicle repair. - - Hmmm - my Nav system isn't working right and they replaced the controller (under the driver seat), nav screen, cabling from under the seat, gps antenna & cabling. - - After 3 1/2 weeks total time in the shop, I'm still waiting to hear the results of the latest parts replacements. Seems like there should be a faster/cheaper/more effective way to troubleshoot. Can there be that many defective parts in my nav system or your suspension system ? - - Please let us know how things progress.

L

LR3_Magic

Called the dealer this afternoon about picking up my LR3 HSE7. It has been in the shop since tuesday of this week for suspension failure upon lowering. Today they replaced the front suspension height sensor after it had been overnighted. Yesterday they replaced the rear right suspension height sensor after waiting a day for it to be overnighted.

When I called this afternoon, the service advisor stated that my vehicle was now giving a different failure message and that they would need more time to figure out what was going on. Stated they would probably have to contact Land Rover to get help with the problem. Failure message started aroung 100 miles and I have now had the vehicle only 5 days and by next Monday, the dealership will have had my LR3 for 6 days. Will wait to see what the dealership says on Monday before I start the process of contacting LRNA customer relations. Don't know if that will make any difference. I do have loaner so can get around, but not like having my own vehicle and it is not a HSE with Nav and towing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink