Gauging Interest - Private LR4 Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am posting this to see if there is any interest in buying my 2011 LR4 HSE in early to mid June. I am still not sure I want to sell privately, but I thought I would put it out there and see what kind of response I would get. I am located in the SF Bay area (San Carlos, CA). I ordered a 2013 LR4 and the dealership is excited to take in my current 2011 LR4 lease a year early because of my low pay off. This was my first Land Rover after a bad experience with a Discovery 1, so I was cautious and leased it. I plan to keep the new one more long term (unless they come out with a turbodiesel option or bring the Defender to the states. I had discussed with the dealership that I would hand in my current lease and they were actually going to give me a bit more money as a trade in because my pay off is well below market value. I was also in negotiation with them to switch out my rock sliders/steps and front skid plate to the new LR4, as well as my current tires. After thinking about it for a while, I thought maybe I could sell it out right to someone and not let the dealership get the great deal.

I will go into detail about the truck, but here are the numbers. My new truck is set to arrive in mid June, so I would not be able to sell it until just before that time. At that time, I believe my lease pay off will likely be around $38,000 (I would provide paperwork and exact numbers). The dealership was planning to give me a bit more money than the payoff, so they would pay off the lease and then I would have a little extra toward the new truck. If you look at any resources on what the truck is worth (KBB, etc.), it definitely is worth quite a bit more than the pay off quote, so they were going to make good money. If I sell it myself, then I would basically just ask the person to pay off the lease (whatever that is at the time - around $38,000), which is through Chase Bank, and I'd ask for an additional $2,000 to cover the cost of getting a few new accessories since I would leave on all accessories except the front skid plate (I am keeping that for my new LR4). So, in total, I am asking about $40,000. Even with the additional cost, it will still be a great deal - especially considering I am leaving on almost all of my accessories.

Here are the details of the truck:

2011 LR4 HSE 5.0 V8, likely to have around 22,500 miles on it at time of sale, Nara Bronze exterior, almond/arabica interior, Climate Comfort Package (heated windshield, side mirrors, headlamp washer jets, front seats, rear seats, and steering wheel), and HD/Satellite radio. I upgraded the headlights to be HID (the DDM kit), 7-seat option, Voyager half-rack roof rack with chicken coop flooring, Voyager ladder, front and rear lamp guards, newer Cooper Zeon LTZs tires (255/55/R19) with less than 5,000 miles on them (including a full-sized spare tire - I bought 5 tires along with tire insurance as well). I also installed rock sliders/steps. Lastly, I customized all of the silver trim to look like the new black design package offered for 2013. This includes matte black powder-coated wheels, front grill, side vents, and all OEM lettering from the UK.

My truck is in pristine condition, been off-roading a few times and I take it VERY easy on the trails. I had the big 2 year service a couple of months ago and everything is in great shape (still a lot of brake life as well).

You can also e-mail me directly: [email protected]

Here are a few photos (again, everything included EXCEPT the skid plate):

28D-A387A6BAD3BD-4444-000004CDD399B7CA_zps2091bff1.jpg

Sorry, Pelican boxes not included.

FDA-14B218731001-5699-000006BA9A45CD33_zps6e692d98.jpg

-E9D7-4FFB-B54C-E632193788B0-5262-000004A70929FA61.jpg

I don't have a photo of the interior, but here is the exact interior trim that I have (from a stock photo):

ior-Design-2011-Land-Rover-LR4-504x252_zpsfc2108d4.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land rover Sanjose listed your car for 52k now :)
Yep! :) I wonder if they will get it???

I am actually glad I never did a private sale because I got a lot more for a trade-in than I expected. Worked out very well.

-David

Jobaker4

Reaction score
David-
I really like how you did your rims on that truck, how did you go about doing it? I'm in VA so obviously can't go to the same shop but I want to get it done I'm just hesitant about who to use. A body shop maybe or somebody else?

Thanks for any insight.
-Josh

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David-
I really like how you did your rims on that truck, how did you go about doing it? I'm in VA so obviously can't go to the same shop but I want to get it done I'm just hesitant about who to use. A body shop maybe or somebody else?

Thanks for any insight.
-Josh
Hi Josh,

I found a good powder coating shop by doing an Internet search and word of mouth. I recommend finding a shop that may be near a garage. I dropped my truck off at the garage in the morning, they took off the wheels and tires, transported the wheels to the powder coat shop, and then at the end of the day they mounted/balanced the tires on the wheels. I worked out very nicely.

I opted to have my wheels matte black with 30% satin gloss.

From what I know, powder coating is fairly straight forward so there should be a few reputable shops around - yelp reviews also help.

I hope that helps!

Regards, David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72