Do I have fog lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know I don't have them physically, but I do have the switch for them.

When I pull the switch the dashboard display shows that they are on.

My real question is do I have the harness for the fog lights or do I have still have to purchase it.

Frank_ws6

Reaction score
Actually you may not have FRONT fog lights, but the switch still operates the REAR fog lights (one part of the regular rear red lights gets a lot brighter - I was really confused by the switch so I turned it while parked with the rear of the LR3 near a window!) Sorry I can't answer as to whether or not the wiring is there going to the front - actually I'd love to know as well!

Trynian

Reaction score
You have to get a new switch that has a seperate setting to operate front lights.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok all...it was for rear fog lights...but what sense does that make to have rear fog lights and not front ones... are the rear lights standard?

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok all...it was for rear fog lights...but what sense does that make to have rear fog lights and not front ones... are the rear lights standard?

The rear fogs are standard, and I was also confused about what turned on when I first got the truck :smile:

It seems that rear fogs are standard on my disco also.

They are actually very helpful in certain situations. Last month, I spent several days running trails in the UP. They were very dusty and sandy, and with 13 trucks, visibility was very poor. At times, the only way to see the truck in front of you was to call out on the radio for them to turn on their rear fogs.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also very valuable in heavy rain and snow storms. Are there actually two? I thought that only the left rear was brighter. That's the way the older ones were anyway.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also very valuable in heavy rain and snow storms. Are there actually two? I thought that only the left rear was brighter. That's the way the older ones were anyway.

Both sides light up brighter than the normal tail lights. I love that feature. In the winter, the Marine layer (low fog) near the pacific ocean is quite thick, so I drive around with mine on frequently. Never been rear-ended!

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they standard on the V6 SE version?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they standard on the V6 SE version?

Yes, the rear fog lights are standard across the board on the RRS and LR3. Just pull (lightly) all the way out on the light switch. You'll see the idiot light come on on the dash.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What light switch? by the head lights? on the left of the steering wheel?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635