Disco 2004 CD changer upgrade to DVD changer compatibility question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Disco 2004 - Alpine head (this head was used for the entire Disco II line), CD changer XQE100240. The back of changer has a connector with 10 pin plug only 8 being used. To get DVD / MP3 capability I have considered a newly introduced changer that uses "IP bus" After researching for hours I'm unable to determine if the newly introduced unit here (at this site) will drop right in and work.
InnovateK model: DVP-6808 6 Disc DVD / MP3 / CD-RW Car Player
http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVP-6808.htm

I want 5,000+ songs in the changer rather than 70 or 80 songs and a suitcase full of CD's.

Has anyone done this?
Does anyone know this Canada based, Chinese manufacturer?
emails to InnovateK (their support site) about the IP bus were returned with non technical comments, in spite of carefully worded inquirey.

Last edited:

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I ordered it up. The specs on the website said it has IP-IN and IP-OUT. When it arrived there was only IP out! Plus they did a bait and switch on me charging me $179 and the order price was $299. It has a remote, so I hooked it up to my computer shack and it works just fine. Company was named Inovatek. I would not recommend them. Back to the drawing board. My wallet is bigger than my toolbox, but I just thought I would follow that up! Thanks for all the help ;-)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, and sorry no one could help... not much of an audio video person at least not in vehicles.

joecmiami

Reaction score
would you consider other options???

i have 2003 land rover discovery and i have the following installed

-vroom interface for ipod/iphone which plugs on the back of the alpine head unit where the cd changer goes, that means no more cds so i only use the ipod which i have with 6000 songs plus, and the best thing is that you do not loose the steering radio controls and you do not have to touch the ipod for anything it just sits in the glove box and you use the cd controls to change songs and playlist.

-both rear tv headrest monitors with dvd player built in, the audio signal from the the monitors plays thru fm station presets

-compact designs 10" kicker subwoofer with an alpine 500w mono amp

-LED lightning all around in and out

-both head lights and fog lights hid 8000kelvin

and my next project is to accommodate my key fob into one of the newer switch blade hey fobs from a range rover

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joecmiami - That's exactly what I ended up doing. My Rover guru (euro-motors in Raleigh NC) had just taken the ipod adapter out of another vehicle so he gave it to me. I'm planning an extended voyage so I need to reduce weight and expand my onboard library. I won't have much chance to change libraries on the roads south of the border. Thanks. David

joecmiami

Reaction score
well with the adapter, all you have to do to make it simple is create playlist in your iphone/ipod 2 thru 6, let me explain you'll be using the disc selector on the factory radio as playlists so cd 1 is your continuos play in cd1 you can select the music directly from the ipod, then cd 2 will be the first playlist that you create on itunes and load it in the ipod, and the same goes for cd 3 = playlist #2 , cd 4 = playlist #3... hope it helps , i've had it for quite a while now and i know the tricks of the adapter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90