Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with the cruise control?

My 2006 LR3 swings 5MPH above and below the set point routinely... Say you set the cruise at 70, it will go anywhere from 65 to 75 depending on terrain... And it constantly downshifts into 5th when it has to speed up from 65 back up to 70...

It is rather annoying to the west of Cincinnati on the hilly expressways. And with the constant downshifting, it uses more fuel...

If I drive it myself, it holds a more steady speed, and uses less fuel.

Anyone know of a fix or update?

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
If you are planning to save on mpg, why have cruise control in the hilly area at all? Its just going to put more pressure on the engine every time there is something to climb...

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because every other car I have ever owned has never had a 10 MPh swing on the cruise control.

You start going up a slight incline and the car slows down from 70 to 65, when it hits 64, it downshifts from 6th to 5th and accelerates up the hill to 65-67 and then sits on 5th till you crest the hill. Then drops into 6th. If you go down even a slight incline, the truck will speed up to 75-77 by itself. It is annoying and clearly not working correctly.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
may be its saying "I'm heavy, give me a break!" jokes apart, my previous sedan, a 1.8 Nissan Sentra had around +- 5mph swing so given the size and the change in momentum reqd, I thought a little bit more swing for lr3 is fine.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just works that way, no updates for it. Fortunately, or unfortunately, my cruise has not worked at all for some time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4