Clunking Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devildog01

Reaction score
L8 aftermarket polybushings are orange. If you wheel your truck these are the way to go. If you want your truck to look good go with the oem bushings.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look good? How do OEM bushings versus polys make the truck look any different?

I'd be sort of interested in the orange polys, ONLY if they come pre-installed in GENUINE OE lower control arms, and I don't mean the one-off stuff they sell at AB that are technically from the factory but not suitable for sale at an LR Parts counter.

Here is the thing; I'm sure the polys are more durable. No argument. ...but the OE bushes last about 50k miles...and for me that equates to about 10 years. So for me specifically (and I realize my calculus is not the norm) it just doesn't make sense to go poly.

All that said, I'd love to hear how the orange bushings are performing. I heard some nightmarish stories about the red ones. If anyone in the Seattle area has them installed, I'd love to go for a ride in that LR3 and buy the owner a beer for his/her time.

armybuck041

Reaction score
I've been running the Orange Polybushes since last July. The entire rig, front to rear, and top to bottom. The ride is a tiny bit firmer, but all the misc clunks are long gone and the rig handles like a dream. Even at -25*c when you'd expect them to be really stiff; they are excellent. The only downside is that my sunroof shade has taken to rattling on occasion from the slightly firmer ride. Minor details really.

devildog01

Reaction score
look good? How do OEM bushings versus polys make the truck look any different?.

Some guys are **** retentive to the point of orange bushings messing up their color scheme. To each his own. I wheel my lr3 so the poly bushings are just a better option imo. On a side note Lucky8 will have lr3/4 sliders coming very soon. Amk pump compatible.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....my bushings would be mud brown after a month anyway, regardless of starting color! ...but orange works for me as an Oregon State Alumnus. My LR3 is black so a little orange would be welcomed.

I have RS Sliders already....so what I really need is the definitive guide to fitting the AMK compressor with the RS units. I have the re-lo bracket (from Tactical) and I'm just waiting now, for my Hitachi to give up.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower control arms and tie rods, this is common at about 40k there shot, under designed. Bushings in the control arms fail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4