Changing a tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
Help: owners manual says to raise my 2010 LR4 to off road height (as high as it will go) before I jack up the car. But the local land rover dealer says no need. I'm gonna use a floor jack and place it under the identified lifting point on the passenger side rear. Which do I do and what happens if I do it wrong?

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either way will work. if you do not raise the vehicle before jacking up the vehicle will try to self level a little after jacking up. this vehicle needs to be raised very high be careful !!!! and have a beefy 2.5 ton or bigger jack. I need a bigger floor jack just for this vehicle. I have jacked it up either way and works either way. when your done just raise vehicle to highest setting and then to lowest setting and then to normal so it levels out.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, if you open a door or the tailgate, the truck will not try to adjust itself when you jack it up.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help: owners manual says to raise my 2010 LR4 to off road height (as high as it will go) before I jack up the car. But the local land rover dealer says no need. I'm gonna use a floor jack and place it under the identified lifting point on the passenger side rear. Which do I do and what happens if I do it wrong?

Only reason to raise it to off-road height first as the manual recommends is to make it easier on yourself, you'll have more room to maneuver / position the jack and less weight to lift since the car has done some of the work for you. Car will be in extended off-road height regardless after you are done - simply knock it back down to standard height.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112