Brake Pad Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pads? If he touched the rotors then the ebrake needs to be done.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know you can't replace the rotors without loosening the tensioning springs on the EPB. Which requires a flat head screw driver to spin the adjuster with. There is an in depth "brake bible" online for the LR3 which also applies to the LR4. You also have to pull a fuse and put the EPB into service mode. Fairly easy steps. Atlantic British also has a video guide on YouTube. I'd knock it out myself if I had a lift. For now I'd rather pay a shop to save the hassle.

max2105

Reaction score
When I replaced both front and rear pads AND rotors on my 2012 LR4 I don't remember doing anything with the e-brake and it still functions fine.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno you got lucky I guess? I suppose if you don't touch the epb while replacing the rotors there shouldn't be pressure from the parking shoes on the inside of the rotor. That being said it is still a very good idea to service and lube things while replacing rotors. A thorough cleaning and servicing of the pins (replace rubber pin bushings) .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635