battery going out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My battery is going on my 2005 LR3.
I really don’t want to go to the dealer since there’s is about $200.00.
Any advice on a new battery, where to go??????

Also how long do the batteries usually last, this one is about 4 years old…..

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 3 years on my first battery. 1.5 years on my second. i would go to autozone and have them check it first. the dealer is way expensive for a battery.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go by mileage since I drive a lot... The stock battery on my 2006 RRS - same battery as the LR3, I believe - lasted me just over 60K miles - about 2 years. The replacement, an Interstate MTP-H8 I purchased at a local Firestone tire dealer and replaced myself in about 10 minutes, cost about $170 with core exchange and it's still going strong with almost 150K miles on my odometer. I'd recommend it if you are not looking at more "esoteric" brands such as Odyssey, Optima, DieHard Platinum, etc (hard to find an exact size match under those brands, anyway.) I believe most LR dealers may use Interstate as replacement batteries anyway, and $200 installed sounds reasonable for a dealer, if you don't want to get your hands dirty. It's a good battery, worth the extra 40-50 bucks IMHO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo