Automatic Suspension Adjust at Rest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that there are only 3 normal ride heights in non off-road use. Access (-2"), Ride height (0"), and 100+ MPH mode (-0.75"). Why is it that about half the time I lock the car with the remote it lowers itself a negligible amount? I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. I'll just exit the vehicle and lock it and about half the time it drops. I also see it drop when unlocking the vehicle after it's been parked for some time. (No I'm not coming down from 100+ MPH to rest so quickly that it doesn't adjust till I exit :smile: )

I don't see anything in the manual about this, does the vehicle respond this way for everyone? Only thing I can think of is that the load leveling suspension is making corrections after I get out.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right, it's auto leveling.

I experience the same thing and asked a dealer. They said LR3 calculates weight and adjusts its suspension to keep the same height.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ok so it's my 225lbs exiting the vehicle calling for an adjustment, thanks!

Goontoe

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing in the 2 weeks that I've owned my LR3. Thanks for clearing it up!

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that too, especially since I removed my compressor noise insulation to install a compressor bracket that sits higher and is not made of pringles. It's annoying because you get out of the car for five minutes and it seems to have vented half the tank and lowered. You'd think it would wait a half hour and see if you were coming back soon.

Trynian

Reaction score
I removed my compressor noise insulation to install a compressor bracket that sits higher and is not made of pringles.

Is that a factory bracket? Mine is in for a replacement of a broken one today and am wondering if I get a better one.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a factory bracket? Mine is in for a replacement of a broken one today and am wondering if I get a better one.
Hi-Country Offroad fabbed one for me when I had it in for the T-case and gas tank skids. It is much stouter and moves the compressor two inches higher. I don't know where he's at with production on it - it's not on his web site, so drop him an email or give him a call. I think he was playing with a normal-height and one-inch higher version as well.

Here's his production LR3 stuff so far:

http://www.hicountryoffroad.com/Products/LR3/Skid_plates/LR3_skidplate.htm

That's my LR3 in all the pictures. He's done a gas tank skid as well, it's not on the web site yet but is here in this gallery:

http://grendel.smugmug.com/gallery/6013404_bqJNP#376008378_9GiNc

I think a front bumper is next, hopefully I can get it in for that this week.

Trynian

Reaction score
Hi-Country Offroad fabbed one for me when I had it in for the T-case and gas tank skids. It is much stouter and moves the compressor two inches higher. I don't know where he's at with production on it - it's not on his web site, so drop him an email or give him a call. I think he was playing with a normal-height and one-inch higher version as well.

Here's his production LR3 stuff so far:

http://www.hicountryoffroad.com/Products/LR3/Skid_plates/LR3_skidplate.htm

That's my LR3 in all the pictures. He's done a gas tank skid as well, it's not on the web site yet but is here in this gallery:

http://grendel.smugmug.com/gallery/6013404_bqJNP#376008378_9GiNc

I think a front bumper is next, hopefully I can get it in for that this week.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo