ANy ideas!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onemind32

Reaction score
hey joey i did exactly what you said and the only result i had was a slight flicker in the alternator fuse. when i took the fuse off the light dimmed down. i also disconnected the alternator and that made no difference.

also when i first put the head gasket together and started my car it was running fine (with the exception of it missing as pressed the accelerator) now about a week later it's running horribly. it's overheating and the RPM's are way above normal than what it should be when started ( their at 1750-2000 rpm).

I tried restarting the car and it ran perfectly i even drove it a couple of blocks and there was no sign of overheating or anything.
the next day i restarted the engine and the same problems as before occurred, then after letting it sit. i restarted and it was fine. i checked everywhere for any loose hoses, bolts, wires, and plugs there was nothing.
when we first started the car however, after the gasket job was finished we had the wrong battery for the car and today when we went to start it up again we had first put in the correct one needed.

do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you greatly for all the awesome previous help,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, overheating could be an air pocket in the water... not sure about what the issue was, I am the member of at least 8 different forums dealing with several different types of vehicles... please provide a reminder.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Helps a little, other than the overheating was there another issue? If so, what was the issue.

Overheating still points to either a bad t-stat or air pocket.

Air pocket = park with nose up in at least 15 degree angle. Turn on the heater full blast, run for 10 minutes or it starts to get hot, then let cool, fill with anti-freeze, repeat till it will not take any more anti-freeze.

Always check you anti-freeze level weekly.

Never use tap water always distilled water or buy the 50/50 premixed anti-freeze.

1sparrow

Reaction score
Onemind32
When you changed the head gaskets did you resurface the heads. Must also use new head bolts @ around $ 100 a set.They are one time use stretch bolts. And must be drawn down in order and torqued. If not your problem is still there, Sorry

onemind32

Reaction score
yes i did resurface the head gasket and used bran-new stretch bolts so that is definatley not the problem.

onemind32

Reaction score
other than the overheating, the short was my other issue. i removed all the fuses one by one with the test light attached t othe battery and there was still power being used.

the only thing that was of significance was the fuse for the alternator, when removing it made the test light flicker and once removed it only dimmed the light slightly. i also removed the alternator and it's corresponding fuse to see if that would have any affect, but the same flicker and dimming of the test light occured.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you remove the fuses under the dash as well?

onemind32

Reaction score
yes i did check and remove the fuses under the dash and i checked the wires/ plugs under each seat as well.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you still had voltage after all of that, then something odd is going on. Something is grounded out. How about the relays under the hood? It is a long shot, but one of them may be stuck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4