abs fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Light always on is normal with the fuse out... but if the ABS is engaging with the fuse out your have a serious issue.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn!!! Think I should just do a brake flush and go from there?

Kestreljr

Reaction score
lowwill said:
Damn!!! Think I should just do a brake flush and go from there?

Did you pull the right fuse? It would seem so if the ABS light is always on, and it used to not be, but that could be coincidence. I would check that you pulled the ABS fuse, because if you are getting the loud clink-clank and bad braking from a faulty ABS, but the fuse is pulled then your car might be possessed.

(Does that sound logical, Joey?)

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$ 123 diagnostic at LR dealer is worted and you start from there if you want to play lego :)

norm

Reaction score
have a look at the fuse under the dash it is in the dottom row of the fuse box

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the fuse from under the hood? Is it the right one. ABS Vavle. Did not check the dash fuse.

DigitalNY

Reaction score
That's the one that I pulled in my Disco I and it stopped the ABS from activating at inappropriate times. I also removed the two screws securing my dash gauge cluster to the dash and removed the ABS bulb so it's not always lit annoying me. Haven't regretted it for one second.

Just drive carefully and be aware that your driving a vehicle with no ABS and you should be fine. Just keep it in the back of your mind that your driving a heavy vehicle that's known for having "mush" brakes and brake well ahead of time when on slippery roads.

DigitalNY

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the abs sensor ($280.00). Replaced the fuse and havent came on since. Light shuts off at around 10 mph. Cant complain. Not yet

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the abs sensor($280.00) all is well now . Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink