abs fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 98 disco(98,785) abs was serviced by a indy landrover mech 2-months ago. abs kept coming on for no apparent reason. he said the sencor was dirty. cleaned them up now its starting all over again. can I just pull the fuse and be done with it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I will never tell anyone to pull the fuse (okay I might tell them how) but you must remember you are disabling a safty feature at your own risk (okay you risk your brakes working).

There is a 30amp fuse under the hood in the main fuse block. I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head, but I do remember it is a 30amp fuse... over 2 years without fuse and no brake issues... :biggrin:

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks joey got to do something. this thing is very sensetive. if its damp out it is going off. just a pain in the a**

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced the abs sensor for your safety

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
ysaga, I wish it was as easy as an ABS sensor, but I will not get into that today. It is a known issues with Land Rover to have major ABS issuses, my 1992 buick with 220,000 miles has never had an ABS issue. Most rovers have them before they are a few years old and not even 1/3 the miles. Some of which never see a dirt road.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might run mine through some water on the road, mud puddle here and there, and a gravel road to get to work. There really should not be a reason for it to go off.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick question? do I pull the abs valve(30) which is the small green one or the abs pump(40) and is the big fat one. pulled the abs valve before and this morning abs went off again. thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm I am pretty sure I pulled the 30 amp fuse, if ABS is going off after pulling that fuse I would have the system check out... you could have a serious brake issue.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was afraid of that. The light seems to be always on now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo