98 cdl lock nut location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search but all of the results pics expired or somthing. Went wheeling last week and the cdl would not lock so a fellow roverian manually lock it from under neath. Did nothing so I guess it all frozen up. No difference in driving and no light. Just kept the truck in 4-low and it held its own with the other rovers that was locked in the snowy trails. Put it back in 4-high and drove home no probs. Any one have a pic that shows exactley where it is so I can unlock it manually. Easier from inside the truck or under? Thanks guys its a 98 Disco with 112,250 miles

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Joey. Link was perfect. Got the light off and the diff unlocked? Took the console apart to access the top of the diff and that nut to take it out of lock. When dff-locked and one wheel jacked up how much wheel spin should you have. I have very little spin and the rear wheel wants to turn also. Can see it trying to move. When un locked should the wheel spin freely. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
With diff lock engaged you should be able to lift just the front of the Rover, and attempting to spin one wheel will result in a very hard time. i.e. it will attempt to spin a rear wheel and it can't because they are on the ground.

With diff lock not engaged you should be able to lift just the front of the Rover and one wheel will result in it spinning and possible the other wheel spinning the opposite direction, but no effect on the rear wheels.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90