95 Country Classic interior water leak..any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

corb66

Hi,

I have a 95 country classic SWB that I bought for my wife to drive to the store and back. I got in it the other day and noticed that the driver side floor well was soaked and it had not rained in a while. After pulling the carpet up I noticed that the carpet pad was totally black and molded and some areas of the metal pan had started to rust. The soaked pad was only on the floor and not up on the center console. Any ideas of where to check?

Thanks

B

bigtimer24

Have you checked to see if your heater core gaskets are leaking. I had that problem on my 98 RR. Just a thought.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could also be the A/C drain vents... happens on the Disco's all the time

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing about the leaks, but I have to mention that an RRC owning friend of mine insists that I point out every time someone calls them a "Country."

It's "County."

No big deal, and my bet is on the A/C drain vents.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, just don't forget the 'o' or the ladies get really ******. If it was your heater core and it has been leaking long enough to cause rust, then you wouldn't have heat. Put me in the drain vent camp.

R

rishi

Leaks

I have the same problem with my '95 RRC. It is clean water in my case so it doesn't come from the heating or cooling system. I have checked and cleaned the 2 overflow pipes for the airco, no problem there.

I now believe that the problem is with the windscreen. In the right hand top corner (viewing from outside) I have noticed that the windscreen seal is loose and when I push it water comes out. I am not yet sure what to do. The simple solution would be fill it with a suitable kit, the ideal solution would be to reseat the windscreen.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rishi

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would take it by a local windscreen shop and have them reseal the windscreen.

B

borg115

Water Leaks...

I have a 1999 Range Rover HSE with a massive water leak in the back hatch. I have narrowed the leak to the rubber seal on the back window...however I am still having a the water leaks. Is there anything that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hap

Reaction score
but I have to mention that an RRC owning friend of mine insists that I point out every time someone calls them a "Country."

It's "County."

***??? I think that should be mentioned more often! I can't believe I missed that - it's like I own a whole different truck now...

p.s. - sorry to resurrect an ancient dead thread. I'm making my way through the archives, and found this one just astonishing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635