2014 LR4 Leaking Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grasscourt

Reaction score
My 2014 LR4 with 97k miles on it is leaking coolant and a noticeable clip. The leak(s) are hitting the ground towards the front of the vehicle towards the passenger side. I have attached some pics. Any idea what kind a leak based from the pics that im looking at, hose, radiator etc. I know that its only speculation, just trying to get an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 36

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pop the hood and have a look - with that amount of coolant it should be straight forward to see what's wet and what's not.

RoverTide

Reaction score
The obvious questions are: How many miles on the vehicle? Have you replaced your crossover pipes, water pump, t-stat, etc.?

My guess is the front crossover pipe cracked. Hope you don't need to drive it soon... with a leak like that, it should stay parked.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those crossover pipes can fail rapidly where the plastic breaks and the pump will push out all the coolant through the break. By the time the low coolant light comes on its too late and you could have serious repair bills. $14k for the engine by itself w/out installation.

Grasscourt

Reaction score
Popped the hood. Looks like the leak is coming from the bottom of the front side between the pulleys and the fan. I had an 04 Discovery, which was somewhat simple to diagnose leaks. This seems like learning a new language. Either that or I'm a dumb dumb. Having it looked at in the morning by my mechanic whose at least qualified to find the source and if simple enough, fix. Otherwise having it towed next Thursday(first available) to my certified LR mechanic.

Grasscourt

Reaction score
I have not replaced or had to fix anything. The thermostat was replaced at inspection before purchase. I have had the truck for a year and 1/2 and it now has 97K miles.

Grasscourt

Reaction score
I think this next post might be some comic relief.

Well, my local regular car mechanic (HAHA) seems convinced that it's the water pump. I asked if he was sure, he said 85%. I then asked if it was a job he could/would do? he said yes i can, but I'm not touching these cars unless its oil, tires or brakes. hahahah. He's a good man to know when to say no or I don't know.

Truck will be delivered next Thursday via tow the 50 mins away from me.

Until then. Thanks for the input!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it hasn't been replaced do the front crossover while you are there and use a OE Jaguar/LR water pump if possible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72