2014 LR4 lux delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MODU

Reaction score
2014 lr4 mpg

Congrats on your new LR4, it looks awesome!

Im thinking on buying one for myself, but I drive a lot and I can't find any official MPG onthe LR4.

What do you know about this? any info will help

Thxs!

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
It's my wife's car so she'll drive it 95% of the time. I'm not a fan of the dial for gear selection, my x5 diesel has a joy stick type of gear shift I would much rather that. My wife will not be happy with the new high beam situation we had bixenon in out last lr3 but it also had the other set of aux high beams that came on. This one only has the bixenon, the space for the other lights is now the turn signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife will not be happy with the new high beam situation we had bixenon in out last lr3 but it also had the other set of aux high beams that came on.

The additional reflector on the LR4 closest to the front grill (up to MY13, anyway) also contains an auxiliary, fill-in halogen bulb for the high beams, also used for flash-to-pass situations when the xenons are off. That's weird that they would eleminate that bulb and use the reflector as a turn signal instead, are you sure about that?

Beautiful car, congratulations. I think the front end looks even more attractive than earlier model years, despite the weird blacked out surround around the fog lights the combination works. It manages to look classy and aggressive at the same time, and ties the design with the rest of their new models (Sport, RR, Evoque even) really well. Sad to see that Hi/Lo range switch missing on the TR panel, though. :frown:

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
Yes the circle light to the bottom left of the main headlight is now the turn signal up front.
2e3yva5u.jpg
e6ude5yv.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. Oh well, I am sure they must have improved the xenons' design if they decided to pull that feature. So, I guess the HIDs now turn on instantly if you flash to pass someone? Retrofitting the 2014 front end to MY13s or earlier has suddenly become more difficult... :wink:

I love the cool new "halo effect", as I understand those LEDs accent lights are now on 24/7 by default, right?

Last edited:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! What date did you put the order in? We placed ours on November 2nd. They're telling us mid January.

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
Dealer got an extra allocation we didn't order it, I tried to get a deal a few weeks ago and couldn't get the deal I wanted. They were willing to work with us on this one, doesn't have vision assist, that's the only difference vs the one we were going to order a few weeks back.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4