2010 Land Rover National Rally in Moab - what LR3 owners need to know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Thanks for posting.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan
That was an excellent report and very useful. I'm going to print it out for reference. Just what I was looking for. Do you have any fly fishing recommendations for along the way?
Thanks!

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have any recommendations regarding pets? i initially thought that a family member was going to be able to watch our dogs for a week while we made the trip out to utah, but it doesn't look like that is going to work out. our current idea is to take them with us and board them during the day while we are wheeling since the dogs aren't allowed on the trails. however, i am thinking it is going to be hard to find a place that we can drop the dogs off at 630 am and pick up early evening when we get back. any thoughts would be much appreciated. i am going to start bugging the local vets and boarding shops tomorrow.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan, I just ran 7 Mile Rim in May, as well as Kane Creek. You are right on about Kane Creek, and in May, we had probably 35 water crossings, and the shelf road out is tough. Trevor blew a sidewall on the shelf road.

As far as 7 Mile, there is a section of extreme off-camber for about 100 yards of slick rock (30+ degrees), which puckers you up a little, with an extreme down hill to the start of Wipe Out hill. Did not do Wipe Out.

As far as Fins and Things, Rob broke an axle on a large rock climb, when he bounced and over-torqued his axle. There is a bypass around it, though. He just had a bad line. There are some other very steep rock faces, that I dug my front end into the sand coming down. Scary, but fun!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Jim. Sounds awesome. Post some pics. :cool:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as Fins and Things... There are some other very steep rock faces, that I dug my front end into the sand coming down. Scary, but fun!

Thanks for the feedback Jim. I hear you on steep approaches angles!

100199180_AmNRv-L-4.jpg

100200737_d4mwU-XL-4.jpg

100143403_TFEta-L-4.jpg

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moab is only a three hour drive for me... Trying to decide if it's worth taking the 11-month old and the 3-year old. Are there other kids around? How long are the trails (in terms of time) on average?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you be alone with your kids on the trip? If so, I don't think it would be a good idea. The heat there is quite a bit to deal with and the length of some of the trails will be too long for a 11 month old to ride.

I would never discourage family fun or tell you not to attend a great event, but with this little of children, I'm not sure any of you would have any fun.

Besides, if there was any type of mechanical issue on the trail, it could be a very ugly situation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72