2010 Land Rover National Rally in Moab - what LR3 owners need to know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you be alone with your kids on the trip? If so, I don't think it would be a good idea. The heat there is quite a bit to deal with and the length of some of the trails will be too long for a 11 month old to ride.

I would never discourage family fun or tell you not to attend a great event, but with this little of children, I'm not sure any of you would have any fun.

Besides, if there was any type of mechanical issue on the trail, it could be a very ugly situation.

Wife would be there. I'm not too worried about the 3-year old. But, yeah, feeding and pottying might be an issue for the young one.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also depends on how much your wife like to wheel too. My wife thinks it's OK, but she would rather read a book with a glass of wine most of the time. Moab has some fun shopping and a few nice parks to play at. Nothing in Moab is very far away from the main city center.

If you come for just a day or two, which you should be able to being that close, it could be a lot of fun for all of you. We live 900 miles from Moab, so getting there and back is more of a production with or without kids in the car.

Some of the easier trails could be done in a few hours and are close to twon.

Maybe you could sneak away with the wife for a quick over night trip and leave the kids with a relative?

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone going to moab this week? would love to actually meet some of you in person. we are going up early and leaving early secondary to work schedule. here is our "tentative" itinerary if anyone wants to meet up for the early off roading we are doing.

-FRI OCT 15: Crash in Clinton, OK
-SAT OCT 16: Leave Clinton early. 9.5 hrs straight on I40 to Gallup, NM. Get a hotel in Gallup.
-SUN OCT 17: Leave Gallup early and drive 5 hours to Elephant Hill outside of Moab. Do Elephant Hill Trail, offroad approx 3 hours with slot canyon hike that evening and camping.
-MON OCT 18: Take Lockhart Basin Trail into Moab, approx 55 miles offroad, will take about 6 hours. Chill in Moab that Night. Condo.
-TUES OCT 19: Open Day. Registration that night. Condo.
-WED OCT 20: Natl LR Rally. Condo.
-THURS OCT 21: Natl LR Rally. Condo.
-FRI OCT 22: Leave early to make it to Clinton, OK late Fri night, about 14 hours.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally,that was my plan, but since my girlfriend CANNOT take that many days off , we will be going to Acadia National Park from 16 - 20 to hike and shoot landscapes on the photo workshop instead. It is a 600 miles drive oppose to 2300 to MOAB , so this time , again , we will have to skip this interesting EVENT due to lack of enough free time .I wish LRNR would be organized on EAST COAST instead ,maybe one year....
Don,t get me wrong,I have no problem driving the distance,but I did not wanted to drive it alone and we chose to go on the shorter trip, that would accommodate my other half.Hopefully , next year though...

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided today that I'll be going. Will be driving in from Denver on Wednesday the 20th. I'll be solo, so it'd be nice to meet up with some people.

-Paul

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great report and pics! :cool: Too bad about the damage.
Rover on...
:driver:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I concur with Thorgal. It would be great if LR events and rides were available on the East Coast. It's a tad bit of a drive to the Southwest for a trail ride, even as good as they are.
Oh well.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I concur with Thorgal. It would be great if LR events and rides were available on the East Coast. It's a tad bit of a drive to the Southwest for a trail ride, even as good as they are.
Oh well.

Well, the biggest event in the States is MAR, which is typically twice the size of Solihul's National Rally. MAR was last month I think.

I will say though, that every year people from the East Coast head over to Moab, and without exception, every single one says it was well worth the trek, and they will be back.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree! Just would be nice to get practice and equipment testing in here in the northeast too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72