06 LR3, High Compressor usage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should mention that I always remove the compressor with the mounting bracket, unlike how the gentleman in the link did. There are three bolts that attach the mounting bracket to the frame. Getting to the top bolt is a real pain, but it's doable.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took a look at my records. June 2012 I had this stuff replaced under my warranty. Might be all set for parts, maybe just check the dryer and look for leaks. I would imagine everything is the latest parts.

609002 Diagnosis
LR020590 - Comp
VUB504700 - Dryer
YWB500220 - Relay

60508951 Compressor Air Delivery Valve and Drier
-Rework and Air Compressor Relay Replacement

50567 eas fault code CLA20-64 will need compressor drier, valve, relay, and software update. completed all and cleared faults.

From the bulletin (thx to bbyer over on disco3 forums)
Part Number Action Required
RQG500080
RQG500090
Latest level compressor. No further action is required.

RQG000017
RQG000018
RQG000019
RQG500060
RQG500061
RQG500070
RQG500071
Check delivery valve.
If delivery valve is damaged, replace the air suspension compressor.
If delivery valve is not damaged, install a new delivery valve and install
the exhaust valve kit.

RQG500062
RQG500072
Install a new delivery valve and install the exhaust valve kit.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My compressor had been replace twice by land rover and one of the techs must have decided the top mounting bolt was too much of a PITA (it was missing). Seems solid enough with the two easy access bolts. Because of the compressor vibrations, make sure to use a little locktite for good measure.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my question, if there are software patches you have no choice but to take it to a dealer, my next issue is that I noticed that if you have a EAS compressor failure, they redesigned it so you have to update the software, are we talking the same thing?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sogs.....I have not idea *** you are talking about.

Are you asking whether or not EAS software patches and updates to the compressor software are the same thing?

Here is the deal: there are some software updates one can get (along with a new relay) while keeping the old compressor. Ultimately, when the old compressor goes ****-Up, it will need to be replaced with the AMK compressor and there is some kind of software flash/calibration that needs to be done.

Anyone care to jump in? Did I miss anything?

armybuck041

Reaction score
Here is my question, if there are software patches you have no choice but to take it to a dealer, my next issue is that I noticed that if you have a EAS compressor failure, they redesigned it so you have to update the software, are we talking the same thing?

Or get yourself a IID Tool and reflash your compressor software along with a ton of other things. Frankly IMO, the IID Tool is a must for an out of warranty Land Rover. Mine has paid for itself twice over in the few months I've had it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4