vin decoding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cjn104

what can be the date of production for chassis no- sallpamw3va368570?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAL Manufacturer code: Land Rover
LP Model: Range Rover, second generation (38A model)
A Wheel base: 108 inch
M Body type: 4-door station wagon (LWB)
W Engine type: 2.5 litre BMW diesel turbo
3 Steering and transmission: Right-hand drive (RHD), 3-speed or 4-speed automatic
V Model year: 1997
A Assembly location: Solihull, UK
368570 Serial number

Courtesy of calVIN at http://www.clifton.nl/index.html?calvin.html

Last edited:

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VIN number has some letters that don't agree with what I have for VIN decoding. The V is in the place where the year code should be but I don't know for sure what year it designates - probably 1998 as W = 1999.

Trouble is N = 1996 and there were no letters set aside for 1997 or 1998 in what I have.

If you send a letter to:
Eric Pagan
Senior Eng., Traceability Systems
Lode Lane, Solihull
West Midlands B92 8NW, England

He will send you the manufacturing date and where you vehicle was sent for sale.

That way I found my RR Classic was built in August 83 and sent to Holland for sale. It entered the US via the grey market.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The disclaimer on the calVIN web site states that it is entirely possible that your VIN number may not match the algorithm being used by the computer program - resulting in incorrect and/or inconsistent results. So to Sydney's point, you would most likely get "reliable" information by sending the letter.

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is located in India. VIN numbers for non-US vehicles won't work in our look up system.

gerberauto

Reaction score
Vin clarification

I have a similar problem to identify a car of a friend, which i have currently in
my shop for service.
Its a Range Rover model 2010 according to the registration.
We would like to find out the production year and month and confirming the engine size, perhaps someone can help.
Here is the Vin Number: SALLMAM24AA310975

The car registration say's model 2010 and shows a 5.0 turbo diesel engine, which i don't believe.
To me it looks like a 2008 with a 3.6 ltr engine.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Follow that link and register there (for free) and it will provide most of what you are asking.

I'll try and paste below....

N:
SALLMAM24AA310975
Vehicle:
Range Rover / L322
Model year:
Build date:
18-Aug-2009
Selling dealer:
N0032
Warranty start date:
29-Sep-2009
Range Rover / L322 vehicle image
Image for illustration purposes only.
Outstanding Campaigns:
There are currently no outstanding Field Service Actions for this vehicle
Vehicle features
Engine: 3.6L DOHC V8 TC DIESEL 280PS CAB style: 4 DOOR ESTATE Series: 3.6 V8 DIESEL SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS ZF 6HP26 Drive: 4 WHL L/H FULL TIME DRIVE Colour: BUCKINGHAM BLUE Trim: INTERIOR BURR WOOD
VOGUE SALES BADGE SPEED CONTROL STRG WHL-WOOD/LTR/HTD/NOBLE/MF LIGHT TINT/DARK TINTED GLASS INT NAVY CARPET-LR FUSE LABEL PARCHMENT HEADLINER LEA GR SH KB W/WOOD INLAY TRAFFIC MESSAGE CHANNEL-TMC BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM PIRELLI TIRE VENDOR AUTO HEADLAMPS-FOLLOW ME HOME MIL LIGHT-I/P EMISS/EXHAUST SOLIHULL ASSEMBLY (UK) HEADLAMP POWER WASH AUTO DIP FRT/RR HIGH BEAM AST LESS FRONT FLOOR MATS CONSOLE TOP PLATE-LEATHER SIDE/CURTAIN/AIRBAG PACK 2 TPO CONSOLE MATERIAL RUSSIA OWNER HANDBOOK KPH SPEEDOMETER CENTRE CONSOLE W/ASHTRAY RR DR TREADPLATES-RANGE ROVER EURO STAGE 4 EMISSIONS FRT DR TREADPLATES-RANGE ROVER INTERIOR SCANNING ALARM PWR TILT/SLIDE SUN ROOF BBU WITH TILT SENSOR DU P/HEAT/MEM/FLD/E'CHR/PUD LP LESS WARNING DISPLAYS ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE MIRROR SPARE WHEEL-CONVENTIONAL ALLOY PERSONAL TELEPHONE INTEGRATION AIR SUSPENSION TOOL KIT FRONT CAMERA/REAR VIEW CAMERA FIRST AID KIT BUMPER INSERT-BODY COLOR NON LOCKING LUG NUTS RR SEAT-60/40 FOLD W/SKI HATCH INFRA RED REFLECTIVE WNDSCRN COLD TEMP ZONES DUAL VIEW SCREEN & TV GRILLE - MESH FRT FENDER GILL-PAINTED CONTINUOUS VARIABLE DAMPING DOOR TRIM PANEL-LEVEL 2 ELECT FRT SEAT ADJ DRV MEMORY CCR REAR SPOILER HTD/COOLED FRONT - HTD REAR DIESEL FUEL CAPABILITY FRT SEAT ARMREST-FULLY ADJUST. ADAPTIVE-XENON HEADLAMPS FU/TNK FILL NK-WIDE LEADED/DIE I/P FAC CONTR-NAVY/PARCHMENT REAR SEAT SKI STOWAGE FRONT COMFORT AIR CON (IHKA) AUDIO 6 DISC PLAYER T/TOW HTH-PREP/ROW UKRAINE LESS SECURITY PACK OPEN STYLE REAR AXLE-STD DIFF SMOKERS PACKAGE PARK HEATING W/REMOTE CONTROL LESS DVD SCREEN INTERIOR TRIM - TPO LESS DVD PLAYER POWER 10-WAY DRIV SEAT ADJUST ANALOGUE AUDIO BROADCAST LESS REAR SPLASH GUARDS NAVY TUNNEL CONSOLE NAVIGATION SYSTEM - LEVEL "A" NAVIGATION DISK - EAST EUROPE 433.92MHZ DR LK FREQ (NORMAL) MID LEATHER FACIA INTERIOR LIGHT GROUP 8 X 19" STYLE 8 7X2 SPKE ALLOY CCR FRONT BUMPERS LESS TRANSIT COATING CCR DOOR CASING CCR REAR BUMPERS GEARBOX ECU TUNE-ROW CCR COCKPIT CCR CENTRE CONSOLE FOOT PEDAL DESIGN - STANDARD CCR SEATS LESS SPECIAL VALUE PACKAGES 255/55 R19 A/T MARKETING LEVEL 1

gerberauto

Reaction score
Rovernut,

Thank you so much , that really helps a lot, especially the features, now we know whats all in the car. I will enroll right away for other future inquiries.

gerberauto

Reaction score
L322 model 2010

Now after I have received great help to identify the above vehicle, I would like to ask again for assistance to get the ECU for this vehicle repaired
or reprogrammed to factory specifications.

History:
the existing ECU has been manufactured by Siemens 2012, so its newer than the car. The program installed has a different Vin number pointing to a 2007 model. We don't have a repair history, so we are planing to send the unit for repair and reprogram the unit to the real VIN number which has been identified above and on the car itself.

Unfortunately, after checking TOPIx , they don't allow me to purchase the ECU program, since I am not in Europe.

But the car is an European version, which has been imported to our country.

Any guidance and advise would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2trust