Supercharger Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scapistron

Reaction score
Running some errands around town and thought I heard a little ticking noise. Played around with throttle position to see if I could make it happen. Goes away while coasting. Pulled into a parking lot about 4 miles from my house and it sounded like belt squeal as I was turning. Sounds real bad. Main belts look okay, one of the tensioners has a little bounce in it, but not bad.

Drove another couple of miles down the road and pulled off into the shade and the noise was worse. This the supercharger eating itself? YouTube link below.

Engine noise

alldazed

Reaction score
Can’t see your u tube link but is it just the idler pulley had enough. See if you can get a mechanic stethoscope or long screwdriver on the non rotating part of the pulley and listen to it. Can put it to the supercharger snout too. Whatever it is you will hear it. I think the sc is more of a gradual process.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds terrible, but it’s not the typical supercharger noise when the coupler goes bad. Your noise sounds more like a pulley to me. As mentioned above, the idler pulley is a known problem, and it will shred your belt if you don’t fix it. I’d start by just pulling the accessory belt and sc belt off one at a time and see if the noise stops.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to wiggle the pulley and whichever moves up/down or side-to-side is the culprit, including the water pump although those typically leak when the bearing is that bad but not always.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamjam