Shaking at 65-70

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
My 97 Disco has new tires installed by previous owner. There is a shake at 65 - 75 MPH. I thought I read something on this site about replacing the front stabilizer as this is a common problem? Maybe I was dreaming, I can't seem to find the thread or the info.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it only shakes at that speed the tires are out of balance.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the truck, has the steering stabilizer been changed yet, how about the steering has it been inspected for looseness?
As already mentioned, start with a reballance.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
113,000 miles. I don;t know if the stabilizer has ever been changed. I bought the truck with 97,000 on it a few months ago. I'll get it in for a wheel balance this week.

Thanks!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the stabilizer is black, it is original and shot and is unable to stop the shaking for you which can be from balance or any warn steering component, bushing or bearings.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
The stabilizer is black. I haven't balanced the wheels yet, but I was paying closer attention to the shaking and it happens after hitting *** wholes, small bumps, or when I slow down. This happens no matter the speed. I'm thinking about replacing the stabilizer and then taking it in for a wheel balance and front end alignment. Any comments?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib