one side of my LR3 had lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birddog

Reaction score
I came out this morning and found one side of my LR3 had lowered. Why would only one corner lower and nothing else. This was over the right rear only.

I manually adjusted the car down and then back up and it seemed to correct.
Would there be a leak on that one side.

Advice please

AGConrad

Reaction score
I also have noticed what I thought was the same thing...never measured and just wrote it off to either, parked on a hill, or an illusion because of the drooping rear window, it was throwing off the way I viewed the car, but maybe there really is a problem. Interested to hear other thoughts as well...

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my case it was not an illusion, IT WAS LOW

thejuice

Reaction score
My 2006 just started having the same problem about a month ago. If I don't drive it for a week, the right rear looks like it's in access mode, with the other corners only slightly higher.

birddog

Reaction score
My 2006 just started having the same problem about a month ago. If I don't drive it for a week, the right rear looks like it's in access mode, with the other corners only slightly higher.

have you had it looked at yet...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came out this morning and found one side of my LR3 had lowered. Why would only one corner lower and nothing else. This was over the right rear only.

I manually adjusted the car down and then back up and it seemed to correct.
Would there be a leak on that one side.

Advice please

In the Engineering world we call this a FEATURE, not a bug.

If it was the driver's side, the LR3 was doing this to ease your entry.
If it was the passenger's side, the LR3 was doing this to ease your entry.

LOL

(good luck with it. that is annoying)

birddog

Reaction score
In the Engineering world we call this a FEATURE, not a bug.

If it was the driver's side, the LR3 was doing this to ease your entry.
If it was the passenger's side, the LR3 was doing this to ease your entry.

LOL

(good luck with it. that is annoying)

Not sure this is a feature I want. it has never lowered on just on quarter of the car. As a matter of fact when it lowered on the rear passenger side it made it more difficult to get in at the drivers seat.

mjm029

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 LR3 and the day after I got it home I noticed the same thing. At first I put it off to my driveway being at a slant but it turns out one side is dipping. I lowered the vehicle then set it back to normal driving height, all looked fine. On my way to the Home Depot I felt the steering become a little soft and felt the car pull to one side, when I parked I noticed that the drivers side was clearly 3-4 inches lower than the drivers side. I am taking it back to the dealership tomorrow to have it looked at. Very annoying to have this kind of issue less than 24 hours after buying the LR3. I will keep you posted on the dealership answers.

farouk1

Reaction score
Perhaps digressing from the initial start of this thread but within the bounds of this topic, would anyone know of any consequences of parking the car in Extended or Off road mode for days on end? Or repeated overnight parking?
Could it be of the sort described in these messages or could this be the cause of that?

mjm029

Reaction score
I am not sure why parking in extended or off road would cause only one side to lower but I suppose it could somehow lead to a leak or faulty sensor. I am not sure why someone would want to park in either mode night after night either. Anyways, I spoke with my dealership after them having the LR3 for 5 days and what a surprise, they can't find anything wrong. Has anyone heard of it being completely normal for there to be up t a 1 1/2 drop difference on one side? Last time I checked it was around 3 1/2 inches lower. I am going to replace all tires and see what happens from there, two are almost bald so it needs to be done. I will keep you updated but I have a feeling it is going back into the shop sometime soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib