No Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skarts

Reaction score
Just did my head gaskets (lovly way to spend a week end) but now i have another problem , no heat the heat was working fine before I did the gaskets I tok off the hoses and tried fillig one side but it just doesnt seem to want to fill . Took some low pressure and presurized the core ,it gave me on big spalsh out the one side and then little air comming out the one side, Is it possible to have a cloged heater core? Does it go from fine to clogged?,whouldnt it get gradually clogged e.i heat gtting gradually cooler? im at a loss and the wife is ready to hand me!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like air in the lines... park with the front of the Rover in the air, then turn the heater on... fill as high as you can with antifreeze mixture... run till it warms up... shut down, let it cool fill again repeat till it will not take any more antifreeze.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope you are not driving your truck.
What specifically have you done and with what results?

skarts

Reaction score
I changed both had gaskets intake gaskets new exhaust gasketsall the require changes when doing a head gasket , I might be loosing fluid from a hose some where, did not change all the hoses. If it is air bound the car will run warm, how mush coolante does the truck take?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is obvious you are not mechanical and know little on bleeding a coolant system.
What year is your truck, how many miles on it, what parts were used, did you replace the upgraded radiator hose so your bleed screw is in the black plastic tee?
DO NONT DRIVE your truck till you find out what you did wrong or you could be looking at a new engine.

skarts

Reaction score
Gee mike arent we abit condesending, speaking on someones mechanical abilty, First of all I apriciate the help if that what you call it forgive me inabilty to bleed a system asimple question does not require such a inaproprite response, the reason ia sked how much coolant it takes is to compare how much ive put in, to see if im looseing it some where, As for upgraded hose for the radiator, Im drivein a 94 disco with 160 k on the clock. and from what ive seen out there , there is no bleeder on the top, Im here asking for tips on bleeding a system and im getting my abilties questioned. thank god you werent a doctor cause you would have the bedside manner of a rock.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
bleeding per my post above... I don't recall how much fluid it takes.

you can also add fluid via the small plastic screw at the top of the radiator passenger side US spec vehicle

skarts

Reaction score
Joey thanks for your help I did as you said parked with the nose uphill and let it run seem to have worked also changed one hose that was questionble and a few clamps,, hopefuly this is the end of this,we'll see .........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib