Fuel filter???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

landr2000

Reaction score
I have a 98 LSE Discovery II (I Think) and sometimes when i start it it will turn over but will die a few secs later. It sounds like no fuel is getting to the motor. I do believe it is the fuel filter and i want to change it out.

I know where the fuel filter is located but how do i depressurize the line to change the filter out? I checked out the link below but i see no blue plug. Can any one help?

http://www.roverunited.com/tech/fuel...uel-filter.htm

FFNPMcD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps with model year change But...
On the 96 Disco you can take pressure off the fuel line by depressing a plug similiar to a tire fill located high one the engine by the valve covers on the left if your looking at the engine.. make sure the engine is cold b4 starting or a relatvely simple project might get exciting. (man I miss my disco)
If this doesnt work you might check the fuel pump.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You have a D1, not a D2 just for future reference.

FFNPMcD is correct you have a shradder valve on the passenger side of the fuel rail (use a rag to prevent fuel from going into your eyes.

Fuel filter is on the passenger side (NAS) rear tire well area, as shown in the picture of the link you provided.

How many miles are on your Disco, your issue could also be fuel injectors leaking, fuel pump starting to go. Or just the need for a good tune up and some injector cleaner?

landr2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I found the vale and it worked. I changed the filter with no problem!!!
And thanks for the clear up on the D1!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib