Easy Entry vs Convenience seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakjar

Reaction score
As many of you probably know, the manual for this vehicle leaves a lot to be desired...but wanting to get the most functionality out of the truck, I have some questions. I am a bit boggled by some of the "how-to's" in the manual. The items in question seem to cross reference in circles with no real definition....

e.g.....There is a setting for easy entry. Nowhere in the manual does it reference "easy entry", or give a definition or what it does. Although there are many references to "Convenience seats" (see below). And there is a third, ambiguous item, for programming the land rover button on handset to control suspension height, from outside the vehicle, as long as the hazzards are on.. and some forum threads have vaguely described easy entry as the vehicle owering when the doors are unlocked....Where is this info int he manual... Anyway, sorry in advance for the long post, but if anone has any clarification. that would be great. See below for more detail...

This all pertains to Remote handset, and functionality. I will use only LR3 manual language in quotes and underlined for reference.
My Vehicle: LR3 HSE Air Suspention, memory seats. USA

1) PG 35. Item 3. "Unlock button: press once to disarm the alarm, unlock the drivers door and activate the "convenience seats" feature, see (Drivers Seat Memory Facility*, 53). Press once to activate the memory seat and mirror settings."

Flip to page 53. Followed instructions for setting memory pre-sets. Done. Flip to Next Page. Page 54 ..."Convenience seats* When convenience seats option is selected and the vehicle is unlocked using the handset, the vehicle adjusts the driver seat and the exterior mirrors to the position associated with that particular handset." (no mention of easy entry or vehicle lowering)

QUESTION 1: Since my vehicle can memorize up to three different driver seating positions for each of the three possible ignition keys...which position is associated with the handset. Which position does it deem to be convenient?

Hopefully you can see the lack of clarity here.

2) Still on page 54. "Convenience seats can be selected or deselected...by selecting settings (see SELECTING SETTINGS OPTIONS, 91)"

Flip to page 91. oops, nothing useful there.. Flip to page 92.

QUESTION 2: Please tell me where I can find, ON PAGE 92, a setting option for "Convenience seats" (as was referenced on PG 54)......I do see a setting for Easy Entry, which you have stated is a feature of the handset that lowers the vehicle, but I was referred to this page to create setting for convenience seats which should recall one of three (undetermined) seat and mirror settings.

QUESTION 3: Please direct me to the page in the manual that describes Easy Entry.

QUESTION 4: Are "easy entry", "convenience seats" and "memory seat and mirror settings" all the same? Or are they different. Is it possible that master techs are even confused by the terminology?

Question 5: Still wondering which memory seat setting is activated when i unlock by pressing the handset once.:confused: Because my wife who primarily drives the car and has seat setting 1 programmed for her, always has to manually adjust the seat (note: easy entry is "on" in settings)

I appreciate any explanation. Hope this was less confusing than the manual.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib