Can I unplug the door lock actuators on p38

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Range99

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have a 1999 p38 and lately on ocassion when I unlock with the key (I don't have a fob at all) the alarm sounds when the door is opened , I need to relock and try again, yesterday it took about 20 attempts and is starting to worry me.

I'm touring through Central America and have no access to LR dealers or mechanics so I was wondering if I could unplug the door actuators on the drivers side, and just unlock and open the door manually keeping the alarm and central locking off at all times, would this work?
Do I need to do the same on the other doors as they would be locked manually and may set the alarm?
Background...
I previously (6 months ago) removed the volumetric senson when I had the head liner changed, just trying to simplify the alarm system components and possible problems, I get "alarm fault " at start up but can live with that.
The car never central locks when any of the interior doors are manually depressed.
The passenger door and tailgate don't lock or unlock when the car is locked via key and the tailgate only opens when passenger door is unlocked.

I really love this this car, I think its the best car I've owned ,but the alarm system scares the s**t out me, any advice on how to tame this beast would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gary

Doomsday

Reaction score
Try this....

Put key in door lock, turn once to lock, then 5 times to unlock, then once to lock, then 5 times to unlock.

If this does not disable the alarm, try it in reverse.

If this does not work, open the hood, disconnect the battery, put the key in the ignition to second click, then reconnect the battery.

I am assuming you have an NAS P38.

Good luck!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrn2024