C1A13-64 fault code fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started with an intermittent suspension fault every couple of days, typically when parked on an incline.

Eventually the code became more prevalent and would often pop up when driving over the past week.

Today, I went to YouTube and found the following video:

I figured it wouldn’t take long, so I dove in. Removed the EAS compressor and drier then disassembled and thoroughly cleaned the unit. Lots of desiccant powder was strained out during the process.

After reassembly I cleared the code with my GAP tool and cycled through the suspension. Gasp, I heard the gallery vent! No codes thus far…

Total repair time was 2 hours and that included waiting for the filters to dry out after washing them and blowing them with compressed air.

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpeg
    IMG_2240.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2238.jpeg
    IMG_2238.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 10

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I found after doing this was a small leak at the outlet of the dryer, where it connects to the hose. I replaced the hoses, but still it bubbled. I suspect the push-to-disconnect fittings have an o-ring at the bottom that dried out over the 12 years it sat there. You can get new caps for the dryer on ebay, I think mine was less than $20. I eventually replaced the whole compressor with a new Hitachi unit, due to what I thought was slow performance of the compressor. The new one doesn't seem significantly better, and on my todo list is checking the intake filter element to see if it's crumbled/clogged.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrn2024