Brake Lights Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samoy

Reaction score
I have a dico 98. The brake lights go when driving, but the go off when I apply the brakes.
I wanted to fix them myself but don't know how!!!
Can anyone help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Start by check the brake fluid level.

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey,

What about a brake switch... I had this issue when I was installing my trailer brake controller and the contact pistion had compressed in completely, giving me the same situation...

Of course, mine is an '03... Does that matter???

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally if a brake switch fails on a D1, you can not shift out of park. But anything is possible with LUCAS electrics. :biggrin:

Samoy

Reaction score
My brake fluid level is perfect.
My brakes are fine too.
Any suggestions??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold the phone, do you mean the brake lights at the back of the vehicle or the brake light on the dash...

If the rear of the vehicle, then jmrivera would be correct... sounds like the brake light switch is either bad or wired backwards.

I was thinking brake light on the dash.

Samoy

Reaction score
Hey jmrivera,
I dont think the wires are wired bakwards cause I never toggled with them. Any suggestions how I can get it fixed??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is just the lights, order a new brake switch, one of the few cheap items on your Disco...

jmrivera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jmrivera,
I dont think the wires are wired bakwards cause I never toggled with them. Any suggestions how I can get it fixed??

Sounds like it's a switch, just like Joey says...

If you want to try fixing your old one, remover the switch from the mount. The piston section can be pulled out to a maximum length without breaking... Then, jut re-install the switch and plug back in... Once you hit the break pedal, it will find its happy location....

I would get one ordered ASAP and maybe a spare just in case...

Jonathan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib