Another cooling system question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
I finally got around to trying to fix these fans. Bad news, the fan motor is sealed and not accessible. In my search for replacement fans I think I have decided to go with a "high performance" after market for half the price as OEM. Any thoughts?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Half my rover is aftermarket, so I say go for it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fans must come on at 2 different times, either when in town driving at normal operating temp and or with the a/c on.
There are 2 sensors that will activate them, but the usual fault is in the fans, they fail.
Do not replace them with aftermarket units, they won't draw enough air. Either buy a used set or new, also check and make sure your belt driven fan hub is working properly.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
It's definately the fans, I have power to each. I am assuming that the sensors are working since I have power. My thought is that the sensors don't know if the fan is OEM of aftermarket, as long as the fan is 12v it should work. I hear you about the cfm, but the truck doesn't get warm unless the ac is on, the ambiant temo is high, and I'm idling for more than 1/2 hour. This tells me the cfm is probably not very high.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamjam