Who would buy a supercharged V8 option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, as in for real not just saying "yeh that would be cool". I mean, if Land Rover really offered the 510hp V8 that come in the RR as an option in the LR4, how many of you guys would get it? Lets assume the upgrade price is around 10k. So, would you check that box? I'll go first. Absolutely!!!!!

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'd need it. Sure you take off from the line quicker, but the lr4 is probably already one of the quicker larger suv's.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At it's current weight I would, but I have to say, the new "lightweight" RR with the n/a v8 is quite peppy. I would say it's as fast as my '08 RR s/c with the 4.2 s/c motor.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be in for a SC V8 LR4. When I placed my order for the 2013 I have, I asked if there was going to be a SC V8 available as an option. Even if it was detuned to mid-high 400hp levels (to not eat into too many RRS sales) I would have been happy. It would have been the first box checked. There wasn't so I "settled" for the NA V8. 3 of my 4 cars were twin turbos so I miss the tuneable nature of those motors.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did by K&N's for my last LR4, which I now have in my '13 RR.

Gives a little psychological horse power...:biggrin:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have. hell yes. I don't care if it isn't practical. The N/A V8 isn't all that practical either.

I have driven the newer s/c v8 sport, its amazing. That said, I agree that the N/A V8 is plenty of power.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would buy a preowned one. 1-2 years old.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 10k, I would not. The NA V8 has pretty good grunt to move what is a utilitarian heavy vehicle. It doesn't need to be faster.

A SC LR4 would almost require LUX, at which point you are at $70K+, and for that money I rather get a GL which is much roomier with better features.

If I am getting the LR4 for its offroad prowess, it already has a lower transfer case and 375hp/375lb-ft. No need for more.

That's just me. I can see a few ******** people wanting it, and I wouldn't mind it if the premium were under 5k (maybe).

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would, but it'd have to have an enhanced trim livel come with it + a better sound system. It would take it into a $80k+ category. That being the case, a 1 year old full size RR SC would be more appealing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo