whistling air intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my air intake makes this annoying whistleing sound(almost like a bearing). It did it when I seafoam the the air intake when I was pouring it in. It seems to only do it on idle and stops when I give it gas. At my buddy muffler shop he heard it and also thought it was coming from there also. Not the regular disco sound but very annoying when it does it. As always thanks for the feed back

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
D1 or D2? I am sure it was posted in an old post, but I don't have time to look.

you say you put the seafoam in the air intake? I hope not, I hope you put it in via the vacuum tube...

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah D-1, I did put it into the vacuum tube. There was a seafoam post(picture) on here that said where to put it. My bad

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure the hose is still tight, it may be going bad or is loose causing the sucking sound you are hearing.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything seems to be good visually but, wiil give it a another look over. hey joey where did you get that cold air intake at. i was wondering about a snorkel. what you think about those?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought my cold air intake about 2 years ago, but the company I got it from no longer sells them as far as I know. Cost a small fortune... looks cool, but then again no one is ever under the hood but me.... also it is covered in mud, so you really don't see it well anyways.

Cold air or snorkel really don't do much on a petrol (gas) engine due to all the other things that cause heat or can get wet and stop your Rover. Also with out re-chipping the ECU the Engine does not benefit from either.

One of these days I will re-chip the ECU and then the cold air intake may help.

A snorkel looks cool, but if you plan on using it to protect against getting water in the intake, that is nice, but without water proofing the ECU and sealing the cab (not sure this can be done) enough stuff gets wet soon enough to stop any vehicle including a Rover.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow its funny but they never mentioned any of that stuff while trying to sell it. wonder why?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The same reason the gas stations and the government doesn't mention that 10% ethenal will ruin you fuel economy unless your ECU is programed to run it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like politics well enough to run for president... let along the fact that I don't have that kind of money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90