Which Yakima Fairing Size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which fairing size should I get, 38" or 44"?

When I measure the truck with the rails it is roughly 44". But when I look on the web, it says for an LR3 that you use the 38".

I know I have read some folks using 43" fairings, I just want to make sure I get the best fit.

What are your thoughts?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I have a 44" fairing. it spreads across for complete coverage, a clean look Just note, your sunroof will touch the fairing if you have the towers all the way forward. the roof glass hits the fairing slightly. i see minor marks on the fairing from the glass touching.. not a big deal though.. also, i turned my fairing around with the Yakima on the back. I've used Yakima products for over 15 years and love the brand, i just didn't want a big logo showing in that area...my preference..

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to fit one of these under the LR expedition roof rack to reduce some of the wind noise from the sunroof area? How do these fairings attach to the roof itself, suction cups?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i turned my fairing around with the Yakima on the back

cool thanks for the tip... I thought it was a sticker and I was just going to peel it off... but I think your way is much better.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Is there any way to fit one of these under the LR expedition roof rack to reduce some of the wind noise from the sunroof area? How do these fairings attach to the roof itself, suction cups?

it attaches to the cross bar with included clamps. at the bottom of each clamp, there are pads that touch the roof. to cover the gap between the bottom of the expedition rack and the roof, you'll have to be creative with how you mount it to the rack...

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the fairing..looks good! It almost fits perfect...just a little off but not noticeable! Thanks for the help.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
no problem, the fairing cuts down on the sound too. Before i added the fairing, i used the windjammer instead.. that $8 piece cut down on noise on my volvo V50 wagon by not the land rover... not sure why that is..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635