What is the Private Sale Value of a 2006 'Autobiography' Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to the Range Rover people. In a winter-related accident, my mother's 2006 Autobiography edition was wrecked. Well, totaled somehow actually. Geico apparently has a system that tells you when a car is totaled and apparently hers is totaled.

I'm not exactly sure what all is wrong with it, perhaps the frame is bent. I'm not sure. Anyhow, I'd like to know what you all think the private-sale market value is of the vehicle? Since it is an Autobiography edition, how much more does that add to it?

I did a Kelly Blue Book on the car with 55,000 miles on it in my area of Virginia. Here are the results I received:

Excellent: $35,575
Good: $33,775
Fair: $31,475

I would say the vehicle was in 'good' condition with normal wear and tear. What do you think the value of the car is/should be?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.
-AR

Oh, and attached you'll find a picture of the vehicle after the accident. Car was traveling under 25mph airbags did not deploy. No injuries thank God.
jane1.jpg

jane2.jpg

Last edited:

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, insurance came back and said there was no "autobiography edition" made until 2009. However, the back of the car has an "autobiography" badge, include sill covers inside the door that say "autobiography" as well. The wheel caps are black and the other badges on the vehicle are black.

According to this site: http://www.rangerovers.net/modelspecs/L322/2006.html under the topic of special editions, it notes "In the UK the Autobiography version continued as usual."

We purchased the car used, but do you think it's possible that someone really went to such great lengths to make it look like a special edition? What do you all think>?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Highly possible... people are all the time asking if certain newer parts can be put on older vehciles... Look at the lead sleds of the 70's people are all the time spending extra money to make a basic car look like it is the more HP version.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo