what can i expect??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am having the lower ball joint assembly replaced in my LR3 2005. Other than the noise coming from the front going away, end what can I expect for the replacement.
Will the steering be tighter, firmer etc...

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
expect more stuff to be replaced

They will say that a whole bunch more stuff needs to be replaced as well and will be telling the truth.

The results however will be for the better.

My dealer replaced both of my lower A arms as well as tie rod ends and sway bar bushings at the rear. My 3 was much quieter.

Replacing the complete lower A arms is cheaper and easier than doing just the lower ball joints and you get lots of new stuff - the bushings for instance for free so to speak plus have the newer redesigned arms that are on the later LR3's.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you stated, you can expect tighter steering feel and response. I noticed it immediately.

+1 to bbuyer's comments - I had the rear swaybar bushings done at the same time. They tend to wear out about the same time as the front LCA bushings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo