Water leak - Oil Light when AC on - AC fan going crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... my 05 HSE got rained on for the first time since i've owned the truck (2 months now).

And when I started off today, water came pouring out one of the rear sunroofs on passenger side AND down the pass side a pillar, and the light switches up front by the mirror.

Grr... I've read alot about sunroof drains and looks like i need to tackle that.

BUT -- at same time... the OIL PRESSURE light is on whenever the AC is on (it keeps dinging and flashing on , then going off... if I leave the AC off it stays of so I'm pretty sure not a _real_ oil pressure issue, something electrical instead) and the AC fan is doing whacky things (speeding up slowing down etc).

I did pull up the black trim piece on passenger front sill and find a bunch of water (the wire bundles were sitting in water -- crap). No rust or any corrosion so I don tthink this is an issue that has been going on for a long time.

But my question is -- is this random oil pressure light and AC fan craziness the water getting into those wires.

Now -- to fix. Grr.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well -- it seems like it was the water

Pulled the Pass side a-pillar, blew threw the drain line, clipped off the little star shaped end of the tube behind the "air intake" grille. I'm thinking that may have been it. I pulled up the carpet, the floor trim pieces, etc (managing I think to break a couple of clips - woops)... dried it all out with a hair dryer. Pulled down the lower glovebox too.. dried it all out. No more weird lights. I think there was water in the fuse box or something. Yikes.

I dont really think the drain tubes were completely blocked or anything... so I'm still a little mystified about this, but we'll see.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool that you did it yourself. Good job!

KyRover

Reaction score
Like nwoods said, Good Job ! Make sure you check all four drains while your at it. I do know from personal experience that if it is raining hard enough the drains can't handle all the water.

Trynian

Reaction score
Yep, moisture down the passenger side can cause some shorting out.

As kyrover said clear all clip all 4. The other 3 you will need to remove the plastic wheel wells to get to them and clip them.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
System faults

everyone might want to proactively inspect the wiring behind the a pillar. There was a series of faults which sporatically happened, which my dealer trouble shot to find a corroded splice in the wires which communicate the terrain response, suspension and hdc systems. apparently there is a known issue with LRNA but no TSB has been deployed. Apparently these were "weak" splices from the factory.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this weak splice issue limited to certain production dates, model years, to your knowledge?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4