up hill issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97 disco se7 couple of weeks ago started acking up it would not start right had to pump gas peddle so i replaced gas filter. now when i excellerate uphill and it switches gears it sputters would that be my fuel pump??????? just need to know if anyone else has experience this problem

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a possible fuel pump issue, but could also be a few other things... provide a little maintenance history (you may have done this in a prior thread, but it helps)

P

penguinpwrd

You will come to learn that typically on these vehicles, the air/fuel systems are a very very delicate business. They age at the same rate when new, and after a certain amount of time, changing any part of the system - your fuel filter for example - can cause or reveal several other problems. This could be your fuel pump. You may have a dirty air filter and/or MAF sensor issues. You may just need to clean the throttle plate. It could be a number of things. I would start by hooking a pressure gauge up to the check valve on the fuel line under the hood. Typically anything other than around 30psi (+/- 1-2) denotes a problem with either the pump , the filter, or the lines....

Good luck!!!

-ppb

F

fbrems

The first aid is lined up here above, if no positive results, check the Ignition Cables. It took me some time to figure it out but after a lot of opening and closing the bonnet, I replaced the 8 leads from the collector to the sparkplugs including the caps and the "sputters" were (finally) history.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635