Trico wiper refills only for the 95 D1 who has them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 95 D1 is in need of new wiper refills I do not want to change out the refill holders just the rubber refills. The fronts are 18" long a Trico #46180, 455mm x 7mm wide. The read wiper is 14" long 355mm x 7mm wide, no Trico number has been found. The refill holders are Trico brand. I'm in the San Francisco bay area to set my location as different big box parts stores are located in different parts of the USA and not in my area. Kragen's, Napa been skunked. Any tips or clues as so far I get that blank look or "go see a Rover dealer", yeah and a rear reamer job price also plus 30 miles away.
Next is to email Trico but a reply could take days. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Senator

Reaction score
Where are you located? I used to work for O'reilly's automotive and I know that there are some Bosch wiper replacements available.

Check online thru ebay, or your local parts stores website.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not replace them with the newer style wipers that mold to the windshield (flex type) I Bought those the last time and love them... but that is my opinion.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Joey, replace and go to the newer style, I just installed the new Bosch Icon's on my truck yesterday and what a huge difference over my older Sill Blades. One this you need to realize is that the springs arms in you old wiper assembly wear out and you get little or no needed pressure on the w/s to really let your wipers do there job.
So go spend the $40 needed and do it right, you'll like the difference.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd that you mention Sill Blades Disco Mike mine were 6 years old and I just replaced them.... what a difference.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were also Sill Blades, which I liked and got a good 6 years out of them, but I had lost my wiper arm tension and just up-graded to the D1 arm and thought I would try out some new technoligy.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope I like the old narrow 7mm blade refills, located Trico 46-180 fronts, 46-150 rear.
I hate those big flag of a wiper blade vs these older Tricos besides i'm in town and rarely drive in the rain.
BTW Joey this is for you question. I just posted a new question.
I'm due for smog monday and yesterday the ***** puked out on me in the driveway, good thing I flushed the clutch and brakes every 18 months and look what it got me. I have a new ***** on order but thursday delivery with monday my last smog test day of waiting.
Between these S.F bay area heavy rains for over a month i'll remove the old *****. I'm thinking check the bore, hone if needed plus machine a 1/8" thick aluminum spacer to get the rubber cup behind any pitted area. This only needs to last for a 6 mile trip besides a blast down the highway to burn the cats clean. After monday i'll wait until the replacement ***** arrives so no worries there. Question, what is the bore diameter of the clutch *****? Once I have this I can get a new rubber cup plus make the needed spacer for a quick patch for this smog test.
Joey or anyone know this bore diameter? Thanks in advance.
Joey, I run great with that intake and plenium extension I milled out plus with the Ford disc 4 hole injectors now only one cylinder over compression it instantly starts be it stone cold or hot. What a great difference vs those squirt Lucas injectors. Joey, i'll email you pictures on this project later. Thanks all. Carl.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help you with the ***** diameter... sadly I haven't even seen a Disco with a Clutch :(

If you have other transportation, I would just take it apart do as you plan and then use a micrometer and measure it.

Can't wait to hear more about your intake and injector work.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey and disco mike: where did you get these new arms and blades? Like to know for future reference. Bought a set of oem 's last year ok for now. I'd llike to the ones you've purchases. Made by bosch are they? I have had good luck with there products. Model # and where purchased would be nice. My work truck f 450 20 series could really use new arms no spring tension.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could help you with the ***** diameter... sadly I haven't even seen a Disco with a Clutch :(

If you have other transportation, I would just take it apart do as you plan and then use a micrometer and measure it.

Can't wait to hear more about your intake and injector work.

There was a cherry black 95 D1 5 speed in Richmond Virginia, I thought it was Richmond California 18 miles away. Mint interior with a driveline noise, tranny, transfer or what was wrng? Priced reduced to $1,500. I got the green light to buy it until I found out the wrong Richmond.

Joey; the old Lockheed ***** has a .875" bore, inside was like new except at the plunger end with the boot all FUBARED up big time by who ever installed it allowing water to make it rusty and fail at the cup. Autohauseaz pulled thru for me on the late friday order as I had the big brown box (UPS) delivery at 9:20 AM monday instead of thursday. It didn't stop raining until 11 AM then it took an hour to install and bleed plus removing the stands as it started pouring big time again just as I finished. No I couldn't wait as I was running out of time to smog it. All's good on the road test. Tuesday a hard highway run to season the one new cat plus burn clean the old cat and the combustion chambers then a smog sniff at a friends shop before the "Test Only" smog test. Idle HC of 100 PPM max I had 10 PPM, 2500 rpm test 180 PPM max I had 11. CO% at both speeds measured at 0.00% , Co2 14.30% idle with 14.50% at 2,500 rpms.
My tune up with these Bosch injectors plus I still had the RPI Tornado chip installed. I need 15 minutes without another rain storm to reinstall the cold ram air, reset the TPS voltage as well install the spare MAS meter I set to RPI's voltage specs. The best part on the smog machine tach when done I had a clean idle so dragging the clutch got a reading of 320 rpm's until compression stalled the motor it idled smooth not missing a beat.

My son's BMW adding bigger Mazda disc brakes a machine work upgrade projects the next asap rush item as his college classes started again. When I have some time (pull it out of my azz I guess) i'll send some photos of the intake and injector cleaning build project. The motor likes these Bosch injectors plus being balanced to within 0.4% of each other. Way tighter than production injectors and into racing flow % in tight balance numbers. Anything above a dead stop just dump the clutch in 2nd and throttle away no problem now. i'm impressed with this intake addition, injector change and build project. Winter is a bad time to start a project especially the wet winter this year we're having, days became months of delays on this project. I was thinking of this intake mod the past 15 years and all the more after the 4.6 install. This reduced the max TQ rpm's by 11 mph in 5th gear unless you can drive at 87mph at the stock 3,100 rpm peak TQ rpm zone. Carl.....=o*&o>.........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo